xman

Camera Service (take picture) is broken!!

The camera service (which was working fine before) is now broken. Something in the backend is no longer working. Without any change in the code, the service which was previously supposed to be opening Camera, the service now opens up gallery to select pictures.

I tried to re-add the service and checked the code, all is well but the service still does not work. We are busted for an urgent feature.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Xman,

I've just checked - camera service is working. Could you please remake the mapping for it, in some particular cases the migration to the new version of the platform can corrupt it.

xman

Created a completely new service and got the same result.

Jon Haider

It's also been broken for me.

I created a new service, and I also got the same result. It opens the gallery instead of the device Camera (even though Camera is selected from the mapping page). I had an open ticket with the support team, but they weren't able to do anything about it...
Still broken.

I hope this gets resolved soon... It's a pretty big deal!

xman

Yes, it's pretty bad if the features break like this in the backend. Small startups don't have big wallets to support verification teams - so if working features start breaking - they will have no idea until they get a frustrated customer ...not good!

Yurii Orishchuk

Hi Xman,

Please give us your app public link and describe steps to reproduce this problem in your app.

Regards.

xman

Jon, did this thing work for you?

Jon Haider

No sir. The support team is working on it. Still waiting to see what they come up with.

xman

Jon, any luck so far?

xman

Yurri, like I said before in one of our earlier issue talk - I am not allowed to post public links. Is there another way that I can share the app with you?

Thanks

Return to “Issues”