Kateryna Grynko

Audio only on playing a local video from file system in Android

Hi Kal,

Please try PhoneGap plug-ins, for example this one: https://github.com/jaeger25/Html5Video

Kal

Katya, tried that already. I have tried this one and the other "macdonst" plugin. This one, I cannot get to work AT ALL, keeps giving error "cannot initialize undefined". The macdonst one works fine, but only plays video in full screen mode, which is not suitable for my app.

Kateryna Grynko

Hi Kal,

This will hardly ever work in HTML5 video component, most probably you still need a plug-in to resolve this.

Please try searching for other plug-ins, or it would be great to make this one work, it could probably work as you need.

Kal

I am constantly in search of plugins to solve this problem. One thing I have got to say, is installation of plug-ins in the Appery system is overly complex. For example, for the jaeger25 plugin that you cited, if I were in a normal Cordova/Phonegap development environment, all I would have to do is: codecordova plugin add https://github.com/jaeger25/Html5Video.git/code. Whereas with Appery, I have to go manually edit a bunch of stuff, add a bunch of files, and still not sure if everything is done right. It is very frustrating, and I have wasted MANY days trying to get this jaeger25 plugin to work, before giving up. Maybe one of the experts in Appery can get it to work?

Thanks,
-Kal.

Kateryna Grynko

Hi Kal,

We are searching for an installed plug-in. We'll post an update in this thread.

obullei

Hi mfr!

Could you specify what problem do you have?

obullei

Hi mfr!

Could you specify what problem do you have?

Kal

An update, since this topic came up again: I have now tried it on an Acer tablet with Android 4.4, and the local video plays with video and sound. So, it seems to be a hardware/OS dependent problem.

Alena Prykhodko

Hello,

Do you need support team assistance?

Return to “Issues”