Deon

Cannot connect to MS SQL Instance from Rest API

Hi

it does not seem like appery supports SQL instances. Connections work where the instance is default but as soon as you have 111.111.111.111\instancename then you cant connect.

Is there any reason for that?

Thanks

Serhii Kulibaba

Hello Deon,

Could you please provide us with more details, screenshots or exact steps to reproduce this problem?

Deon

Hmmm.
This is not complicated. Straight forward, standard SQL connection string. Your system (REST API) to connect to a relational database.

I can connect to this db server db remotely from other locations no problem at all, just not from Appery.

I have added your ip addresses to the firewall allthough I should not need to as I allow TCP on port 1433 from anywhere. I have even switched the firewall off.

(IP ADDRESS CHANGED ON IMAGE FOR SECURITY PURPOSES but this illustrates what I did. Simple standard remote SQL connection.

I have a suspicion that you cant accept instances after the ip address? As I could get this to work to my AZURE server which does not have instances.

It is SQL 2016 on WIndows Server 2012 R2

Deon

Hi
Any news on this please.
Thanks

Deon

Any news? Why cant I connect to MSSQL. MY SQL working fine.

Illya Stepanov

Is this your local server?

Deon

it is a hosted server and no its not a firewall issue. Firewall switched off

Deon

Any news here? It is 8 days since my last reply????

Appery, you need to employ more support staff!!!!

maxkatz

We have escalated this issue to our engineering team. We will update as soon as possible.

Deon

This issue also relates to https://getsatisfaction.com/apperyio/....

Please can you address both. Somehow, I dont think there is a solution whcih will make your REST API useless for countries like South Africa to use this service. Currently I have to use 3rd Party software (Dreamfactory) to establish data connection through httpd. This is not ideal either.

Going through a centralized server to get access to enterprise data is inefficient. Access to data MUST be directly from the app and not through middleware. Somehow the REST connection must be ported to the app and not trough a centralized server. A centralized data connection model does not work due to network latency.

Return to “Issues”