Illya Stepanov

IPA build failing with generic error

We are working on your support request in email, could you please specify which bugs do you mean here?

William Fulton

The errors were related to the new multitasking functions for iPad. I was able to bypass the errors by performing several tasks that the builder engine should automatically do. There seems to be no documentation and when I try to look for the clues left behind by the forums all of the links go to non-existent places or the content no longer exists in those places.

Illya Stepanov

If you had made any edits in Source files in your project, these custom changes might cause such behavior. Try to rollback the custom source changes, here is how to do this: https://docs.appery.io/docs/appbuilde...

The iPad Multitasking setting can be enabled in App Settings iOS Keys

• if it was selected to "Yes" previously, just switch it to "No" and after that change it back to "Yes" -- and click "Save"
William Fulton

After much digging, I discovered this. I never do direct edits to files in my projects because they don't play nicely with the framework. I learned this previously when building my first app a few years back.

William Fulton

I also had to remove the camera and file sharing cordova plugins because Apple complained about there being no privacy policy. I didn't select these in the first place, so curious as to why they were even enabled if it is just going to cause problems later.

My point here is that instead of developing apps in xcode I use the appery framework, but the framework isn't necessarily making my life easier anymore since it seems to cause more problems than it solves for me.

Tommy

We just did a Undo on All Source Code and we are still getting the build error in the IOS Build.

We are getting "A Build Error Occurred" and "a general error has occurred" as the details.

Please advise.

Illya Stepanov

Could you please provide your project GUID number?

Illya Stepanov

Tommy - there are still edited source files in your project:

Tommy

This is a good point that you bring up. I have clicked on IOS and selected "Undo all sourcechanges".

But the folders & items remain blue. So I deleted the objects that were changed and then clicked "Undo all source changes". This replaced the files with the default.

if you were to look closer you would see that there are no files that are "blue" or changed.

To prove the point. I created a brand new "Test Application" and changed something in the source file and did an "Undo all source changes" and the exact same thing happened.

I would highly recommend fixing this "bug" as this is very confusing. I would have expected everything to have gone back to normal as the blue text is giving me the impression that the "undo" is not working.

But to answer in short. I had someone look over my shoulder as I did the undo to make sure i wasn't going crazy and we most definitely have done it.

Return to “Issues”