Hnto7127371

Errors after project upgrade

Hello,

I've upgraded one of my projects to the new builder and stumbled upon a couple of critical problems:

• Page Load events only show the information once. When you leave the page and come back, the cached information is gone. This used to work in the old builder;

• A piece of code that I used in the old builder to populate list items via custom javascript doesn't work in the new builder. An example:

When I remove the code "element.children().remove();" it works, but not in the way I want it to. Because then it populates the autodivider.

Also, the icons in my custom code are way too big:

This is my mapping (it's still the same as in the old builder):

Please advise, I have a deadline!

Hnto7127371

After some debugging I found out that the service output is in the HTML but it shows "display:none". I have no idea why this happens, I have no code that tells my app display:none the items.

Hnto7127371

Oke, I figured out what the problem is but I can't seem to find a solution.
Everytime I use a Page Load or populate my page with custom javascript code the list items get a "display:none" attritbute provided to them.

I have no idea why this happens or how it happens. I have nothing in my code that sets an attribute display:none to an item in my app.

This did not happen in the old builder.

Screenshot:

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hnto,

Could you please clarify, do you have any errors in browser console?

Hnto7127371

Evgene,

No errors in the browser console.
It's just that my list items get an attribute display:none for some reason..

Hnto7127371

And this only happens when the the service is set to Page Load, in the page Show it works. But I don't want to use page show everywhere. In the old builder page load worked perfectly.

Kal

Hnto: I am not an Appery employee, but another user; but, I wanted to share my experience with you and see if it helps...

Even in the older version, I always had problems with using "Page Load" events. Sometimes when I go from one page to another, and then later come back to the same page, the "Page Load" will fire, and for other pages, it won't. However, if I attached to "Page Show" event, it always fires.

My understanding is that this depends on the Android memory manager - sometimes, when you go away from a page, the memory manager may unload the page to make room, other times, it may not need to. So, if it DOES NOT unload the page, when you go back to it, it simply "shows" the page, without needing to re-load, so the "Page Load" event won't fire.

Perhaps the new editor is more memory efficient, so the pages that were unloaded and re-loaded for you prior to the upgrade now can stay in memory, making them faster. This would explain the behavior you see, right?

Is there a reason, you cannot move those actions to the "Page Show"? This is what I did, and everything works fine for me now.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Kal, well, it's not connected to Android memory manager, this is how JQM works. If there is no render in one HTML, then in memory will be only one or a maximum of 2 pages. Only start page remains in the DOM forever, and other pages reboot.
If you go to some page with Use full screen refresh then this page becomes the start page. But again, only start page remains in the DOM forever, and the rest ot them reboot. In JQM there is caching settings, but in Appery.io this is not implemented (this can cause a lot of different problems, and therefore it is not implemented).

Hnto, to be honest, I can't reproduce this. Could you please can give us the public link, and steps to reproduce?
And maybe you should use the page show event if with it everything works?

Hnto7127371

Evgene can I send the public to appery support mail? There is sensitive data in my application.

Hnto7127371

Kall & Evgene: the reason I do not wish to use page show is because page show always makes an api call to my back-end server. I don't want the user to constantly make a call to the back-end since more than 100.000 users will use this application.

Return to “Issues”