Serhii Kulibaba

Libraries v5.1 and "cordova-plugin-ionic-webview" plugin - iOS problems

It might be the issue with your custom plugins. Please disable them and run the build again

Chris6743166

Hi Serhii,

You were right. The Social Sharing plugin is causing the build to fail for Android. thanks for bringing that to my attention.

However, the problem with iOS 12 and below remains. The app is no longer able to register for push and navigation doesn't work.

No files in the source tab have been edited and no custom plugins added.

Are you able to help?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris6743166

Hi Pranay,

You could try installing these two Cordova plugins alongside social sharing:

[quote:]
cordova-plugin-androidx
cordova-plugin-androidx-adapter
[/quote]

..as outlined here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5...

Do report back if that works for you. I currently don't need the feature on the app I'm working on but certainly will need it in the future.

Cheers,

Chris

Serhii Kulibaba

Have you cleared all changes in source files built a new app, installed on the device?
It was working fine on our device.

Have you tested it with another iOS version, e.g. 13?

Chris6743166

Hi Serhii,

I'm testing with both iOS 13 and iOS 12. iOS 13 is working fine. It's iOS 12 for which the navigation buttons are not working.

Strangely, if I create a new page and make that the app Start page, navigation works fine. So it suggests that it is something wrong specifically with the app's current Start page (home.html) which is breaking navigation on iOS 12.

(I have resolved the issue with push notifications not registering)

Chris

Chris6743166

Hi Pranay,

If by 'deep links', you mean links to specified pages on a website, yes. Namely, WordPress websites, where the content and target url is provided by the WordPress API. I'm afraid I have no experience with the Firebase Dynamic links plugin.

Chris

Chris6743166

Hi,

I have replaced the start page of my app with a blank page containing two buttons. No scripts are run when the page loads. One button navigates to a blank page with no scripts loaded. The second button navigates to page which has an onload event. Namely, this javascript is run:

[quote:]
console.log('Page 2: onLoad event fired');
alert('Page 2: onLoad event fired');
[/quote]

If you test the app using iOS 12, you should find that Page 1 loads fine, but clicking the Page 2 button causes the start page to refresh without navigating to the intended page.

It has taken me the entire day to narrow down the search to this. I would greatly appreciate it if you tested the app on iOS 12 yourselves to confirm.

As mentioned previously, this problem does not appear on iOS 13.

Thanks,

Chris

The app is called Hooson (6d0f42e4-32d0-4e03-b243-3ba6da40e4cc) and is shared with support.

Chris6743166

I have submitted this app to the app store without support for iOS 12, however, I'd very much like to resolve this problem as a significant number of devices do not support iOS 13.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris6743166

Hi Serhii,

Any chance of a response to my comment posted on Friday?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris6743166

Hi Serhii,

I have created a new blank app called 'iOS 12 Test App' which uses the 'Tabbed Pages' template provided by Appery.

The only change I have made to the app is enable the "cordova-plugin-ionic-webview" plugin (which I believe is now needed to pass the WKWebView app-store requirement).

On my iOS 12 test device, navigation does not work. On iOS 13 it works fine.

Can you please confirm the problem at your end and, if possible, suggest a workaround? Otherwise, I will need to inform my clients of this shortcoming before end users start complaining.

The app is shared with support.

Many thanks,

Chris

Return to “Issues”