adam griffin

The File Input component not working on device

I am using a file input component on my app. It works perfectly on the appery web test mode, but when export to device I cant get the file input to work when I click it. I am using a samsung galaxy s4 and a HTC One running android 4.4.2

Alena Prykhodko

Hello,

Works for us. Please give us your app public link and tell steps to test.

adam griffin

username= a href="mailto:test@email.com" rel="nofollow"test@email.com/a password= 1234 Click the camera icon. Then the input file component will appear

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Adam,

I tested your app on Samsung Premier with Android 4.1.2 and HTC One with Android 4.2.2. When I followed your instructions and clicked camera icon in first case I was able to chose folder, in second I was redirect to gallery folder. Please clarify, what happens on your devices when you click camera icon

Evgene Karachevtsev

Adam,

Also could you please tell me what libraries version do you use?

adam griffin

I am using library v2.0. It still doesnt work when I export on to my HTC One and Galaxy S4 android 4.4.2. I had google my problem and most people are saying it happens with 4.4.2. Can you guys test it on a device that runs 4.4.2?

adam griffin

When I click the camera icon the file input appears. When I click the file input nothing happens.

Kateryna Grynko

Hi Adam,

Your app doesn't even work in browser. The issue is that you have an upload_Image service, but in code you use uploadService, while there is no service with such name.

adam griffin

I had been trying different codes. Some makes it break. I will put it back to normal. Today I been working only with Me profile, but the Chat page has the orginal camera code that doesnt work on device but it works on the browser.

Login - click chat tab - scroll down click camera icon - file input will show

Return to “Issues”