Crystal Taggart

Push is not working...Getting Invalid Registration

I have gone through the tutorial 4 times and found 5 different articles, none of which have helped me.
I have recreated my key, added and removed the device registration service, and still no luck.

I have the push set up on my start screen. The init was completed, the success event was called. I uninstalled/reinstalled/added every permission/regenerated google api key/regenerated my android certificate.
When I try the push, it's displaying invalid registration in the push screen. (Although earlier today it was showing successful but I wasn't receiving the messages.)

I notice the token in the database contains undefined.
I had this working previously and for some reason it's magically not working.

Crystal Taggart

I have found something else...I went back to double-check my google API key and it's not correct. I changed it, it says 'The settings have been saved' but when I refresh the page, it's still showing the old key.

Illya Stepanov

Hi Crystal,

Could you please show us screenshot where you are refreshing?

Crystal Taggart

I switched from FireFox to Chrome and the key appears to be saved but I'm still getting 'undefined' in the token.

obullei

Hello!

Please note that push works only for native applications.
It does not work in browser.

Alex GG

Hi Crystal,

I have the exact same problem:

https://getsatisfaction.com/apperyio/...

I start thinking this is a bug.

Hope appery team can help us..

Regards

Crystal Taggart

Yes, I know it only works in native applications. I was testing on my android and push notifications are not working.

The 'key' I was talking about above is the Google API key on the push settings screen.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Crystal,

Please specify, do you connect push to dB? What do you get in the database? You may clear all entries in the collection Devices. Restart the application on the device (do not take it from the background but stop it and run again) and look what does appear in the database. Please provide us with the screenshot of this collection.

Crystal Taggart

I've attached images of the following:

1. The undefined token in the database
  2. The invalid registration message
  3. The screen where the API key was saving...then wasn't saving. Image Image Image
Crystal Taggart

I have cleared all the entries multiple times, deleted the app, reinstalled the app, recompiled the app and did it again and again and again. It is consistently displaying undefined in the token in the database. The printscreen is listed above.

Return to “Issues”