Evgene Karachevtsev

New Interface: Generated Transactions Not Matching Mapping Upgrade

Hello Joseph,

Sorry for the radio silence here. Unfortunately it's still hard to find out the reason of your issue. Could you please clarify, the main issue is that the parameters in services create and update do not match? Could you please provide us with step to step instruction to reproduce this?

Joseph Francis

Yes, a parameter which is neither a default, nor has data supplied to the transaction results in transaction fields being sent to the database in the network call.

If you look in the screen shots above, you'll notice in the 'before ugrade', only 8 fields are transmitted, which is what I expected. In the "after upgrade", 16 fields are transmitted with no change to mappings, defaults, nothing. The transaction has simply decided to add some fields like "eventArrived" or "clientCancelled" which have nothing to do with the transaction.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Joseph,

Sorry for delay, but we couldn't reproduce the issue. Could you please provide u with the steps to do this?

Joseph Francis

The problem is somehow linked to the upgrade you did, because it only appeared in the transactions after the upgrade.

I don't know what it means to reproduce it. The error occurs if send a transaction with any of the "new fields" undefined. The transaction just supplies whatever it wants in that case.

The transaction as currently defined only sets up 8 fields, but the network call sends 16 fields.

Joseph Francis

I deleted a transaction, and then created it again in the page, and the newly created transaction included all the junk defaults. It doesn't seem to be coming from within the code itself.

Joseph Francis

When I delete the junk default parameters, I cannot edit the source visual file anymore. How do I eliminate these junk 'default' parameters.

Yurii Orishchuk

Hi Joseph,

Please give us your app public link and describe steps to reproduce this problem in your app.

Also if we need to see some data in your DB please share your DB with us and tell us it name here.

Regards.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Joseph,

Please, provide us with test account to your app and please share your DB (your app is shared, but DB isn't).
1) Please note, that source changing is outside the scope of our of our support (you have added plugin there)
2) Please tell us the names of pages, services and exact steps so we can see same request in console. We found your service , but can't test it.

Joseph Francis

I Shared the DB

I don't want the source changed, I'm not worried about the plugin, I understand scope of support.

An example problem is in the page "ChefEventArrive"
The service call is "UpdateArrivedScreen"
The mapping in Appery is as follows:

You will notice that there are no values mapped to the "eventRating" field, nor to the "eventCancelledBy" field

in the source tree, for the "ChefEventArrive.js" file, you will see the following "default" area:

When you execute the service call "UpdateArrivedScreen", the application will send the field "eventRating" as "0", and "eventCancelledBy" as "Client", when neither are specified in the mapping. If I did not define the mapping "false" for "eventCancelled", you would see that the default area mapping will revert to the value "true" for no reason.

I cannot remove the faulty default mappings, not by deleting the database service and re-installing it, nor any other way. Over time, editing the application, since the uprgrade the editor likes to randomly add other values to edited services.

Is that enough information?

Maryna Brodina

Hello!

Thank you for sharing! Developers will take a look and post an update here.

Return to “Issues”