Windows Phone project contains empty files

This forum contains topics that were moved from Get Satisfaction
Sam6522984
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:35 pm

Windows Phone project contains empty files

Post by Sam6522984 »

Hi there,

Since the update of the Appery-platform my Windows Phone app doesn't work anymore.
When I export the VS-project I have a lot of empty files:

www\files\resources\lib\store\jstore.js
www\files\resources\lib\base\jsonpath.js
www\files\resources\lib\jquery-ui-map\jquery.ui.map.full.js
www\files\resources\lib\jquerymobile\1.4.2 --- every file in this folder and subfolder

When I test the app with the Store Test Kit the XAP-test fails. Once I delete those empty files or replace them with the ones from an old project, the test passes.

Another problem, which maybe is related to the problem above, is that my buttons don't work anymore. I have a JS on my start-screen which navigates to user to another screen, in case he's not registered. On this second screen nothing works, I also added some logs to the buttons to see if they react, but nothing happens. The logs on the first screen get printed.

Cheers
Sam

Evgene Karachevtsev
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Windows Phone project contains empty files

Post by Evgene Karachevtsev »

Hello Sam,

After the last update jquery has been updated to version 1.4.3. and some files were replaced. Could you please clarify, have you changed something at the source tab of the project? Please try to roll back your changes (remove blue files and folders) and make Undo all sources changes on the folder WEB_RESOURCES. Then you can make changes you have made to the files on the source tab

Sam6522984
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:35 pm

Windows Phone project contains empty files

Post by Sam6522984 »

Hi Evgene,

I didn't changed anything in the source tab.

Evgene Karachevtsev
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Windows Phone project contains empty files

Post by Evgene Karachevtsev »

Hello Sam,

Sorry for radio silence here. Could you please share your project with a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a and tell us its name http://docs.appery.io/documentation/s...

Sam6522984
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:35 pm

Windows Phone project contains empty files

Post by Sam6522984 »

Hi Evgene, I shared the app with a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a it's called "bonusPlus".
Btw. it seems like no javascript is executed after the navigation to another page.

Kateryna Grynko
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:13 am

Windows Phone project contains empty files

Post by Kateryna Grynko »

Hi Sam,

Thank you for sharing app.
We'll check it.

As we can see you have also shared a project called Test App.
Do you need any help with it?

Sam6522984
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:35 pm

Windows Phone project contains empty files

Post by Sam6522984 »

Yeah, that was a mistake, I have already unshared the Test App project.

Evgene Karachevtsev
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Windows Phone project contains empty files

Post by Evgene Karachevtsev »

Hello Sam,

On the Source tab we deleted the folder WEB_RESOURCES-files and then restored it (Undo all source changes on the gear icon near the folder WEB_RESOURCES) and empty files removed. Please check if everything is OK now

Sam6522984
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:35 pm

Windows Phone project contains empty files

Post by Sam6522984 »

Hi Evegene

Thank you for the update, I'll try it asap and updated this topic.

Sam6522984
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:35 pm

Windows Phone project contains empty files

Post by Sam6522984 »

Hi Evegene,

The empty files are gone now, but unfortunately still no buttons work, once I navigate to another page. I'm testing that on a Nokia Lumnia 530. While on the startpage, everything seems to work fine.

If you want to try it on your side, you need to add the database plugin for Windows Phone first. I posted a tutorial which you added to your guides.

Once again, the app worked before the update of Appery, so I think the database plugin shouldn't be the problem.

Cheers
Samuel

Post Reply