Sjef Moling

Autoupdate on iOS are getting app rejected

Hi, After some long days and nights programming I finally came across this topic which seems to explain my difficulties getting my app approved for iOS.

Any clues on how to overcome this issue?

roh

We sent apple a link to this page explaining the bug in the appery platform.

Sjef Moling

That is not a fix, nor a workaround but just ignoring the problem. Apple didn't accept it in my case anyway.

Any sollutions on this issue? I'd like to publish my app with automatic updates enabled as I don't like to have my app reviewed for small changes.

roh

it worked for us and the next time update the app, the setting is enabled.
alternatively, you can push appery to actually fix the problem.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello,

This bug is fixed and will be implemented in the next release, which is planned in a one week.

Maurice

Hi,

I have just had my Binary REJECTED on account of this bug. Evgene thanks for keeping us updated and I hope in a weeks time I will have an app that will be accepted by the app store.

Roh,
I wonder if you could assist me. I have sent a message referring Apple to this thread as an explanation for the issue and for the coming update. May I ask if you only sent a message to Apple or if you appealed the app rejection using the Apple form?

Any help would be great.

Maurice

Turns out that there is no way to go from here except have Appery fix this for us and then resubmit the app. Here is the reply from the App Review Team I have just received after asking them to review my app in regards to the bug we currently are facing.

"0. - 3.0 BEFORE YOU SUBMIT: ICLOUD
Hello Maurice,
Thank you for your response. As it turns out, we are unable to make an exception for our guidelines.
We look forward to your resubmission and continuing the review process once the issue has been resolved.
Best regards,
App Store Review"

If you can help me submit this sooner I would appreciate it as I have already had my Play Store app accepted and currently can only offer Android as a download.

Many Thanks.

Maurice

Hi Appery,

In the urgency to have the app approved, I removed the tick from auto update for the time being and once the update appears I will reinstate it and resubmit to Apple. I'll keep you posted on Apple's response to the new submission.

Regards

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

Maurice,

We will be looking forward to your update.
Thank you!

roh

We did the same re-submitted with a small code change (anything will do) and the explanation on this page in the notes and it was accepted. Hope that helps!

Return to “Issues”