Julian Alberto De La Rosa Suncar

Autoupdate on iOS are getting app rejected

We have been in several test last few days with apple. They have rejected the app twice because this : "2.23 - Apps must follow the iOS Data Storage Guidelines or they will be rejected" . It happens that when we enabled the Appery.io autoupdate option, the app copy itselft entirely to icloud no matter what the options you but to NOT use BackupStorage in the config.xml. Several tests were made and it's true that when we compile the app without the autoupdate feature that doesn't happen.

Apple is stating this : "Your app stores 12 MB on the users' iCloud, which is not in compliance with the iOS Data Storage Guidelines.

Please verify that only the content that the user creates using your app, e.g., documents, new files, edits, etc. is backed up by iCloud as required by the iOS Data Storage Guidelines. Also, check that any temporary files used by your app are only stored in the /tmp directory; please remember to remove or delete the files stored in this location when it is determined they are no longer needed.

Data that can be recreated but must persist for proper functioning of your app - or because users expect it to be available for offline use - should be marked with the "do not back up" attribute. For NSURL objects, add the NSURLIsExcludedFromBackupKey attribute to prevent the corresponding file from being backed up. For CFURLRef objects, use the corresponding kCRUFLIsExcludedFromBackupKey attribute."

It seems that a fix must be made in order that the update bundle zip doesn't uncompress to icloud.

Bruce Stuart

Not to say that you're not having this problem since there are so many variables in what's acceptable and what's not.... But Our app 'SmartDart' ... Was just accepted today by the store for the second time since we turned on auto update when it was released last month...

I've not seen it try to save or uncompress anything to my cloud storage.... But ....

Good luck though !!!

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Julian,

We're working on it and will reply via email if you don't mind.

Bruce Stuart

Evegene, any chance your reply might apply to any of the rest of us or you think it's isolated to Julian ?

Illya Stepanov

Hi Bruce - We have reported this issue and our developers are investigating this.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Bruce,

I duplicate our reply here, because it may be useful to others.

Unfortunately it is the bug, we reported it and working on it at the moment. Please try the workaround: find the following file: Source tab/ iOs folder/ your app name folder/your app name folder/Classes/AppDelegate.m and paste the following code in it:
precode
NSError *error = nil;
NSArray *directoriesInDomain = NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains(NSDocumentDirectory, NSUserDomainMask, YES);
NSString *documentsFolderPath = [directoriesInDomain objectAtIndex:0];
NSString *webApplicationParh = [NSString pathWithComponents:@[documentsFolderPath, @"WebApplication"]];
NSURL *URL = [NSURL fileURLWithPath:webApplicationParh];

Code: Select all

BOOL success = [URL setResourceValue:@YES 
                               forKey:NSURLIsExcludedFromBackupKey error:&error]; 
 if(!success) { 
     NSLog(@"Error excluding %@ from backup %@", [URL lastPathComponent], error); 
 }/code/pre 

Something like this: http://screencast.com/t/Jeqs5VJW7cKk

Bruce Stuart

Evgene, thank you for posting here ! So, we will need to do this until the next big fix version is dropped? Do you when that might be ? Thanks much !!

Alena Prykhodko

Hello Bruce,

We are doing our best to solve it asap, but no ETA for now.

Alena Prykhodko

Hello,

This bug should be fixed with rolled-out release. Please try now.

John7876801

Hello team,

I'm having the same issue, and I just wanted to check whether the fix is supposed to work, or whether I should still try the workaround proposed above?

Best,
john

Return to “Issues”