Adam Garbinski7377433

Some services not working when switching to library 2.1

Hi Evgene.
This app calculates insulin doses basing on database of food ingridients and ready dishes. We constantly add new receipes, to be shared with app users. That is why we use DB. We also use offline storage in case of internet connection malfunction. We manage this DB just by one admin account who has privileges to add/remove items via the same app (after successful log in).
So the calculation algorithm uses numeric data retrieved from DB to calculate insulin doses.
Does it make sense to you?

Maryna Brodina

Hello!

Please clarify - do you use Users collection at your database? If not is your other collections secure?

Adam Garbinski7377433

Hello Maryna,
Nice to hear from you. Yes, I use "User collection". There is only one admin user in it with "write" privileges to other collections. Once this user authorises himself via user collection he gets write rights. Other users do not have to log in. They just open the app and get "read" privileges by default.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Adam,

Sorry for delay. You always need login and HAVE TO PROVIDE SESSION TOKEN only for predefined collections - Files, Users, Devices. Also could you please specify what collection do you use for your calculations?

Adam Garbinski7377433

Hello Evgene,
I use "Art_table" collection for calculations. In this collection there is ACL column with following entry:

{"*":{"read":true},"??????????????????":{"read":true,"write":true}}

So default user has only "read" priviliges. The user marked as "???...?" has full access to this collection. This user is granted full privilges after sucessfull login ("???..?" contains this user's ID from USERS collection).

This is why there is no need for regular user to provide login credentials - he/she gets read priviliges by default and can query "Art_table" collectivum. Only the admin user has the right to modify "Art_table" collection (add, delete items).

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Adam,

These are our suggestions:

1) make all read write
2) add role
3) make checking before recording, if it is admin, then choose write, otherwise there don't

Adam Garbinski7377433

Hi,
Thanks for your advice. Taking sligtly different approach I was able to resolve my first issue.

As to my second question regarding unproportionally big items on the list (see conversation at the top of the thread) - can you please help me on this issue?

Illya Stepanov

Hi Adam -

You will need to find style that makes your images so big and add CSS rules which override them.

You can find a simple tutorial how to find active CSS styles and change them here: http://blog.bismallion.com/appery-tut...

Adam Garbinski

This was exactly the solution I have applied previously. See this post:

https://getsatisfaction.com/apperyio/...

I used this styling:

/* This styling was provided by Appery support and allows for adding custom size images to list items */

.ui-page .ui-li .ui-li-thumb, .ui-page .ui-li .ui-li-icon {
max-height: 43px;
max-width: 43px;
}
.ui-page .ui-li-has-thumb .ui-btn-inner a.ui-link-inherit, .ui-page .ui-li-static.ui-li-has-thumb {
min-height: 43px;
}
.ui-page .ui-li-has-thumb .ui-link-inherit {
padding: 0px 60px !important;
}
.ui-page .ui-li-has-thumb .ui-link-inherit .ui-li-heading {
margin-top: 10px !important;
}

You can see it was applied here:

But after changing library version it does not work. Please help.

Adam Garbinski

Appery, could you please answer my question?

Return to “Issues”