Voltaire

Google Play warning: You are using a vulnerable version of Apache Cordova

Well guys if someone did it or has some info about it, please do provide us , until Appery guys finish their build upgrade. ( I will work on it and in case I did succeed will inform you as well)

Thanks for sharing in advance

Voltaire

Hello ,
I thought I should pay your attention to this matter ( I have read it on the internet ), that google play is still keeping the same alert for applications built with cordova 4.1.1 , I think you should upgrade to cordova 5.2 or higher.

Please investigate this matter.

Regards;

maxkatz

Cordova 5.x is significantly different than Cordova 4.x. We are planning this upgrade but it's not something we can do in a few weeks. We will first upgrade Cordova to version 4.1.1 to help with Google Play problem and then start working on upgrade to version 5.x.

SteveLacy

So we aren't able to submit new apps to Google Play (or update apps) until the end of March with the new Appery update? Is there a workaround suggested for those of us with customers relying on app releases? Is the Android Studio approach recommended?

maxkatz

You can submit and update apps with current Cordova version until May 9 (see original message from Google Play).

maxkatz

I want to give you an update on. We prepared the Cordova 4.1.1 update for Android but ran into an Android bug with our Appery.io Tester app (it has to be updated as well). Basically the app can crash on Android version 6.0.1. The Android team already fixed the bug and it will be released in update 6.0.2. We are looking for a possible solution. If we can't find a solution, we will release the update and then wait for Android 6.0.2 to roll out.

You can still publish and update your apps without any problems until May 9, 2016 (we will update Cordova before that date).

Jon Haider

Awesome, thank you Max for the update. We know you guys have been hard at work addressing this, and it looks like we should be fine with google's May 9th timeline.

Thanks again!

maxkatz

Cordova version for Android was updated to version 4.1.1. You can check the version number in Project App settings:

We are still holding off the update for the Appery.io Tester app due to a bug described here: https://getsatisfaction.com/apperyio/.... But the tester app will work without any problems. Updating the Android app is pretty fast (30 minutes or so) so we will wait a little bit more for the fix.

Deon

Are you saying that we can update our apps and republish to the Playstore? According to Voltaire, Google will still show the alert. This could mean that our Apps will not be available on the Playstore.

maxkatz

Yes, we now use Cordova 4.1.1 as per instructions from Google Play email.

Return to “Issues”