Evgene Karachevtsev

Paypal redirect URL issue

Hello Addy,

Sorry to tell you, but we are still working on it. Hope the reply will be soon.

Kateryna Grynko

Hi Addy,

Let's try the following:

1) Remove "Enable Weinre debugging"
2) Tick 'Release' in Android binary
3) Set Min. SDK version and Target SDK version to Android 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2
4) In JS code replace:prevar ref = window.open(getVar('paypal_approvalURL'), 'blank', 'location=yes'); /preWith:prevar ref = window.open(getVar('paypal_approvalURL'), 'blank', 'location=yes,clearcache=yes,clearsessioncache=yes'); /preYour application works for us properly (tested on SE Android 4.0.4).

Bad Addy

Hi, this did not work, also, its for iPhone and Android, so it needs to work on both, and it did not work on iOS7.

Also, I know why its not working. When the app starts, LocalStorage is placed on the device as LocalFiles, and everything is still available to the app until the redirect to Paypal. Paypal, as far as I can tell accepts the payment, but, the LocalStorage then changes too appery.io, and its blank as for as storage is concerned! But I do not know at what point it changes, and there must be an error at that point which I cannot see in console.

So the biggest issue is, the loss of LocalStorage during the redirect, its the same for session storage also.

Does this make sense ?

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Addy,

If you open PayPal payment in InAppBrowser, and after a redirect from PayPal close the InAppBrowser window and returned to the application, and do not go to the site preview of Appery.io application, then you don't need any local storage variables

Bad Addy

is there a button that will close the inApp window i can recreate dynamically. On iOS it has 'Done' at the bottom, which if you click, takes you to the identical page, but without executing anything.

When you press done, it then does what it needs too, but its going to be confusing for the user. Is there a way to automatic the closing ?

Also, I am testing it on Android, and its constantly getting stuck on paypal. did you test it using the Appery Test app, or compile a apk file ?

Evgene Karachevtsev

Addy,

We test everything in apk/ipa - tester is good for UI testing only.
The Done button just closes the window InAppBrowser. You can change the label on the button Done on something else, for example Cancel.

codevar ref = window.open(getVar('paypal_approvalURL'), '_blank', 'location=yes,clearcache=yes,clearsessioncache=yes,closebuttoncaption=Cancel');/code

In the code we gave you the browser window is closed automatically, see ref.close();

Bad Addy

I understand what you are saying that it works. But on my Android, the select component does not change, you tap it to get the list, you select the item and it reverts back to 'Select Type', and the value is still -1.

Which is why it fails. But if your end works, that is a little strange, no ?

The code you gave, it does, but you have it to '= 0' So you are asking it to fire if the URL = createGroup4.html. So I guess if the redirect fires, then close the window, but it does not close it just waits for a input, and it would fire regardless, would it not, due to the index being 0 ?

obullei

Hello!

Please do the following actions:
1) Make Invoke service- Group Types on the load page, not on the show list
2) Delete value -1 for Select Group Type option (make an empty line)
3) On the listGroupTypes- Success paste this code instead of yours

codeAppery("gtype")&#46;prepend("<option value='' data-placeholder='true' selected>Select Group Type</option>");/code

Bad Addy

Hi Arina, I had changed it to Load and that fixed the issue of having it jump back to Select Group Type. But on Android, when i click a item, it shows the previous rather than the one i clicked. But i shall implement your suggestion and see how it goes.

Thank you :)

Kateryna Grynko

Hi Addy.

Let us know about the result please.

Return to “Issues”