Bhupinder Chawla

Concatenating Database Output into a List Item

Hi Yuri,

I need to bother you with this question:

When i click on a menu option, I want to open another page with a map showing gas stations (or restaurants or another point of interest) near me.

What shall be the steps? I can create the page with map object per the tutorial which works fine. But I want it to be already filled with gas stations near my location when the page shows. I do not want the user to enter data or search. Want it populated already.

Can you please guide me here?

Thanks!

Best Regards
Bhupinder Chawla

Evgene Karachevtsev

Bhupinder,

Could you please detail what tutorial did you use? Was it this link http://devcenter.appery.io/tutorials/... ?

Bhupinder Chawla

Hi Evgene,

Thanks for responding quickly.

I used this and the earlier one too (which you had listed a little while ago on the topic). What I need is guidance to make it happen.

1. I can get my coordinates (that is my location). This can be in background.

2. I need to do a search for gas stations near me while calling the map object. Do not know how to make this in background.

3. The result should be a map with markers for gas stations. This is what I need.

4. And tap a marker to be able to get direction to there using my location. This is Next Step.

Thanks!

Best Regards
    Bhupinder Chawla

Bhupinder Chawla

Yuri,

How do I search the map for gas stations (or any other point of interest) near me and show it on the map?

Thanks for your time!

Best Regards
Bhupinder Chawla

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Bhupinder,

If you have locations of gas stations in your db you can simply take them from it, if you want to use "pre-installed" locations from google maps you should contact Google support to specify API for dicplaying different objects.

Bhupinder Chawla

Evgene,

Let me rephrase.

I have on a page the following:

1. The map object

2. Input object

3. Button object (with Search text)

Steps:

4. I enter restaurants in the Input Object.

5. I touch the Button object (click it)

Results.

6. I want to get the list of restaurants near me. I know how to get my location and I have the latitude and longitude of my location.

7. This list should contain the latitude and longitude of the restaurants near me.

8. Then I need to display them as markers on the map object. I know how to do this too.

Let me know how I can get the results using the map object which Appery provides.

Hope the above helped in explaining the problem. Thanks!

Best Regards
    Bhupinder Chawla

Evgene Karachevtsev

Bhupinder,

You can invoke JS in mapping to calculate for each restaurant, is it near or not. You can read more about invoking JS here http://devcenter.appery.io/documentat...

Return to “Issues”