Serhii Kulibaba

Apple UIWebView API's deprecated.

Sorry, I didn't get it. Do you want to keep the existing version of the application in the App Store or you need to publish the final version? Or you want to stop all auto updates from Appery.io?

Zahid

Thanks for your response. I want to keep the existing version of the application in the App Store.

Will my App be safe? To be more specific will it be safe from apple app removal process?

Following is the complete message enclosed in hyphens that I had got from Apple:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We greatly value the worldwide developer community, and appreciate your commitment to making a difference in people’s lives through the power of technology. To accommodate developers who may need additional time to update their existing apps on the App Store, the deadline for adhering to the requirements below has been extended to June 30, 2020.

Apps for iPhone or iPad must be built with the iOS 13 SDK or later and use an Xcode storyboard to provide the app’s launch screen.
iPhone apps must support all iPhone screens and all iPad apps must support all iPad screens.
Apps for Apple Watch must be built with the watchOS 6 SDK or later.
Apps that authenticate or set up user accounts must support Sign in with Apple if required by guideline 4.8 of the App Store Review Guidelines.
Apps in the Kids category must be in full compliance with guideline 1.3 and guideline 5.1.4. of the App Store Review Guidelines.
Apps using HTML 5 must be in full compliance with guideline 4.7 sections 4, 5, and 6 of the App Store Review Guidelines.
Thank you for your continuing efforts to serve your users during this time. If you have any questions, contact us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was actually working on making the app for iOS 13 SDK then I came across this (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6...) post. So I am confused that If there is no change in my App, then what is the point of updating my App if it is safe in app store.

Serhii Kulibaba

If you published your app recently - you can keep the existing application without problems. If you did it 1 year ago - we recommend you to republish it

Zahid

Ok thanks.

roh

Hello,
Can you summarize how to replace UIWebView with WKWebView?
So I can get this through apple store.

Also, don't think the depreciation has been extended. Can you confirm as I am still getting the error.

Thank you.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Roh,

We've just checked again, for a newly created application:

• Select the latest Appery.io librariy version;
  • Select the latest InAppBrowser plugin (3.2.0+);
  • Add the Appery.io cordova-plugin-ionic-webview plugin.
    But please be informed, that for the previously built app this is the switching to a different browser engine, so it may cause some other issue which should be considered separately in every particular case.
roh

Thank you Evgene. Can you please confirm that apple has extended the deadline for existing apps? this is what I have found https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=...

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

Roh,

Please check this notice from Apple about the extension of their App Updates Deadline: https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=....

So, as of now, if no personalized warnings are mentioned in the emails you get, there are no issues with your Appery.io app(s) you should be worried about.

SteveLacy

I'm continuing to have issues with this and I've tried the following scenarios with the following results:

test scenario A:
-updated to resources v5.1
-enabled inAppBrowser 3.2.0
-disabled cordova-plugin-ionic-webview
Result: app worked but it's still using UIWebView

test scenario B:
-enabled cordova-plugin-ionic-webview
Result: app would not load web services in Xcode simulator

test scenario C:
-enabled cordova-plugin-ionic-webview
-enabled Cordova Local Web Server Plugin (imported plugin)
Result: There was an error creating a zip bundle
An error has occurred. Unable to export xcode project from appery

I have shared the "Miracle Temple Deliverance Ministries" app with support. Please let me know how to proceed so we satisfy Apple's latest requirements regarding UIwebview.

Thanks!

roh

super frustrating.. per this date is now June 30, 2020. Still not able to submit via test flight.

To accommodate developers who may need additional time to update their existing apps on the App Store, the deadline for adhering to the requirements below has been extended to June 30, 2020.

Return to “Issues”