Evgene Karachevtsev

Apple UIWebView API's deprecated.

Hello Steve,

Scenario B is the correct approach. Please specify if you have custom plugins and edited sources in your project?

SteveLacy

There are no custom plugins or edited sources in my project to my knowledge.

As I mentioned for scenario B, my web services would not load and operate in that scenario rendering the app non-functional.

I have shared the app with support. Let me know how to proceed where both the cordova-plugin-ionic-webview and my web services will work.

Thanks,

Steve

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Steve,

Sorry for the radio silence. We passed your issue to our developers for investigation but there isn't a result unfortunately yet. All the test apps work correctly with this approach. We will get back to you as soon as we have any news.

SteveLacy

Is someone able to take a look at my app? It is shared with support. Are the test apps calling outside web services for data? I would think that this situation would be very common to many others. I look forward to a quick resolution as I have a few customers waiting on a resolution and I'm stuck unable to submit their app to Apple. Thanks!

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Steve,

When we checked your project, the cordova-plugin-ionic-webview was disabled. Could you please enable it, check that the Hot Code push plugin is disabled and check your app again. Please specify what issues you have in this case.

SteveLacy

I had to disable the cordova-plugin-ionic-webview in order to push a release to Google Play. I have re-enabled the cordova-plugin-ionic-webview and ensured the Hot Code push plugin was disabled. This is essentially the scenario B I described above. Again in testing, the web services did not load (consistent with scenario B above) rendering the app useless for me.

If my web services worked with the cordova-plugin-ionic-webview enabled, then we would have a victory.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Serhii Kulibaba

Hello Steve,

Could you please clarify, what exactly is not working here when you say "the web services did not load"?
Could you please provide us with more details, screenshots, or exact steps to reproduce this problem?

SteveLacy

Serhii,

When our home screen loads on the app, we utilize a data connection to a service that provides data for the app. See below.
You'll see that we have an "on error" call to a javascript alert statement that fires if the service doesn't load or respond properly.

Here's the details on the service that is called:

After enabling the cordova-plugin-ionic-webview plugin and saving and exporting the project to an Xcode project, we run it in the Apple Simulator. Running the simulator we get the following result:

If the cordova-plugin-ionic-webview is disabled, project saved and exported to Xcode again, it works fine (but Apple won't allow it).

I also found that running the app in the Android tester with the cordova-plugin-ionic-webview enabled, the app runs fine there. I was not able to test it with the iOS Appery tester since that app is no longer available in the Apple App store.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve

Serhii Kulibaba

Is the service called on the app start? Or this alert comes right after the app is starting? If so - there is an error with the app loading, not a service. Let me know if I didn't get the issue

SteveLacy

The service is called when the home screen loads. The app starts on a different screen and immediately transitions to the home screen where the service is called upon home screen load. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Return to “Issues”