SteveLacy

Apple UIWebView API's deprecated.

Any reply? Any feedback or questions? Any tests I could run to provide more information? The app is shared with support. Thanks for any help.

SteveLacy

We're stuck here not able to submit any apps to Apple due to this issue.

As a test, I created another app with just one screen and one web service. If I enable cordova-plugin-ionic-webview plugin, the webservice will not load in the Xcode simulator (web service fails). If I disable cordova-plugin-ionic-webview plugin, the web service works fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This is a major roadblock that we can't get around that should be impacting every Appery JQM customer wanting to release an Apple app that uses a web service connection to an outside web service.

Please help.

Steve

SteveLacy

I shared my app called "Test App" with support. This is the app with a single screen and a single web service call. It's easy to see the problem in this app.

Chris6743166

Hi Steve,

I don't know if this will help, but I had a similar issue, seemingly prompted by the switch to wkwebview, which was fixed when I added an access-control-allow-origin header to the response headers on the server where the data was being retrieved, like this:

codeaccess-control-allow-origin: */code

Hope you solve it soon.

Chris

Serhii Kulibaba

You are right, it might be the CORS issue there. @Steve please test the simple request to Appery.io database, does it work fine there?

SteveLacy

I found that if I enable the Appery proxy on the request, it works! I also added the Access-Control-Allow-Origin: * on the service response, but it didn't seem to have any impact. I guess adding a proxy to every request should fix the problem.
Question - Is there any other way to resolve this issue? If I don't have an appery account in the future, will the app continue to work through the proxy?

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Steve,

Yes, an app will be working with the proxy even if the account is canceled.

Return to “Issues”