Zahid

Apple UIWebView API's deprecated.

Hi,

My App is in jQuery mobile which was developed almost 3 years back. I received an email from Apple a month ago that I need to build the app with iOS 13 SDK and then resubmit. Previously I had done all of the signing and making of certificate in my Old machine and setup all of the required things to get the .ipa file in appery.

My question is that do I need any file from that old machine? Since I don't have that machine so I am worried that my App will update with the one on App store or not?

I have done all of the steps suggested:

• Select the latest libraries version;
  • Select the latest InAppBrowser plugin (3.2.0+);
  • Add the custom Cordova plugin: "cordova-plugin-ionic-webview"
Chris6743166

I'm still unable to get this to work. If I do as instructed:

[quote:]Add the custom Cordova plugin: "cordova-plugin-ionic-webview"[/quote]

..then page scrolling stops working (try the News page - bottom left icon). It also causes issues with registering for push notifications.

If I remove "cordova-plugin-ionic-webview", then the app is rejected from the App Store Connect with the following message:

[quote:]ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - New apps that use UIWebView are no longer accepted. Instead, use WKWebView for improved security and reliability. Learn more (https://developer.apple.com/documenta...).[/quote]

Are you able to provide a definitive solution to this problem? Am I still supposed to edit config.xml, or was that a previous suggestion?

The app is called Hooson (6d0f42e4-32d0-4e03-b243-3ba6da40e4cc) and is shared with support.

I'm testing with an iPad Air 2 (iOS 13) and an iPod Touch (iOS 12).

Many thanks,

Chris

Serhii Kulibaba

Hello Zahid,

You don't need old files for that, you can build the app right in the Appery.io platfrom

Zahid

Ok thanks for the reply. With my old setting If I make the ipa file. I get the following error:

Code Signing Error: No certificate matching 'iPhone Distribution: xxxxxx xxxxxxxxx' found: Select a different signing certificate for CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY, a team that matches your selected certificate, or switch to automatic provisioning.
Code Signing Error: Provisioning profile "xxxxxxxxxxxxx" expired on 16 Oct 2017.
Code Signing Error: Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 13.4'

** ARCHIVE FAILED **

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Zahid,

Please check that you are using correct certificates and BundleID, it looks like your provisioning profile expired.

Zahid

Hello,

Yes the certificates and BundleID are correct but they are old. I think due to provisioning profile expiration it's giving this error. I will build with new certificate and if there is any problem I will get back.

Thanks!

Chris6743166

I'd very much appreciate some assistance with this matter. I appreciate that you have taken a look at it once, but I'm confident that you will find that scrolling is broken by enabling the plugin "cordova-plugin-ionic-webview". Should I perhaps move this conversation to it's own thread?

Chris6743166

I have found the solution to the problem of scrolling not working when "cordova-plugin-ionic-webview" is enabled:

https://www.learningsomethingnew.com/how-to-solve-the-no-scrolling-issue-with-ionic-web-view-in-non-ionic-cordova-i-os-apps

[quote:]By default, Ionic apps are configured with an Ionic Web View parameter ScrollEnabled = false. This is a recommended setting for Ionic apps, but when used in a Cordova app that doesn’t use Ionic, only the Web View, it might cause scrolling to be disabled as it is defined on the body level.

So, it’s a simple solution, add this to the ios platform section of config.xml:

code<preference name="ScrollEnabled" value="true" />/code

Rebuild your ios platform, and it should work.[/quote]

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

Dear Chris,

Thank you for sharing this with Appery.io Community!

Zahid

Hi,

I have one more question:
I don't want any of the update in my released App. Do I still have to re-build with iOS 13 SDK and re-submit the App to the App store?

Return to “Issues”