Yurii Orishchuk

How to add custom "File Name" to an image/file being uploaded?

Dear xman,

In this case you need:

1 In service "file upload" link - "fileurl" response parameter to some LSV.(for example "fileUrl").

2 Use following JS code to set this file asset to image component on event and page you need:

pre

//Note: you need use here LSV from 1st step.
var fileAsset = localStorage.getItem("fileUrl");

Appery("picElementName").attr("src", fileAsset);

/pre

That's all.

Regards.

xman

Hi Yurii, wouldn't that cause problem because next user when uploads a file will end up overwriting this LSV and mess up the previous users picture?

So, what I was trying (as mentioned above and in discussion in this thread) was to store picture with a unique prefix (so that I now the filename). Then use that filename to get the image path. Then use that image path/URL to display the image. But that has not worked, it shows a thumbmail but no picture. Not sure if it's access right issue, but I have not done anything specific to the file access.

xman

I'm still stuck. Looking forward into it this is what I have:

b[/b] The file upload service returns the following "fileurl" for the file "sub_paradigmaLogo.png" just uploaded. If I use this fileurl the file is displayed correctly:

https://api.appery.io/rest/1/db/files...

b[/b] My requirement is that I should be able to get the path of the image uploaded and then display it on other page - as localStorage will get overwritten by other user loggin in. So, I use imagepath:

Appery("pageName").attr("src",Appery.getImagePath("sub_paradigmaLogo.png"));

...which returns the following URL for the same image that was uploaded via fileupload (and this url does not not display the image)

http://appery.io/app/view/e339e22c-ad...

Why are the file URLs different for the same file? Why the second is not working?

-

Alena Prykhodko

Hello,

Sorry for delay. We need additional time. We'll let you know as soon as have updates.

xman

I have a deadline tonight, any chance to hear back before that and still have time to meet the deadline?

Kateryna Grynko

Hello,

Your second option works if an image file what name you take from a localStorage variable is stored as an asset inside of your app (i.e. it's uploaded via Media Manager).

As you take it from Database you should use the following URL then:prehttps://api.appery.io/rest/1/db/files/53785372e4b0b8a66d8da855/6d1554b2-74c2-495f-ae73-ad1453fd7019.sub_paradigmaLogo.png/pre

xman

Katya, I don't understand what you are trying to convey. The users of my app will not use media manager, they'll use the app to upload the image. What I need is imagepath to return me the right path to the file uploaded into the Files predefined type.

Kateryna Grynko

As they will upload images to Database you can use a URL like the above...

xman

...and how am I going to get that URL for each picture user uploaded (event pictures and profile pictures) if imagepath is not working?

Return to “Issues”