Chris6743166

Media manager should NOT bundle all media

I had no idea that all media from the media manager is bundled with an app, even if the media is not used in the current app. This is a major pain in the rear, not least because the media manager does not include bulk delete, so it has to be done file by file.

This should definitely be changed so that only media used by the app is bundled, or an option is included in the App Settings to opt in/out of bundling all media manager files.

Illya Stepanov

Hi Chris -

Thanks for pointing this out, but Media manager is absolutely controlled by you and was created to help you upload files and use them inside your app.

Chris6743166

Hi Illya,

Thanks for the reply. The media manager is a great help, no doubt.

I always build apps with an Appery plugin created earlier. When you do this then all images are carried over in the media manager.

If Appery doesn't intend to give users the option to opt out of including all media in the app build, can I suggest you at least give the option to select and delete media in bulk from the manager?

Alena Prykhodko

Hello Chris,

We added this task to our todo list.

Chris6743166

I appreciate that, as I'm sure others will too.

Many thanks,

Chris

Aeneas McBurney

I really need to delete multiple items also as have uploaded 250 flag icons which I don't need and replace with others.

Any idea when this well be implemented?

Alena Prykhodko

Hello Aeneas,

We have no exact date for this task, should be implemented in one of the next releases.
Please stay tuned.

PsychFiles

The ability to bulk delete unused media is a big need for me too. Any update on this?

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello PsychFiles,

Unfortunately not yet, this is still in our 'to do' list. We pushed our development team and hope will get to you with the update soon.

Return to “Issues”