Andrew Peacock

Google play services

Hi,

I've just been playing with the Cordova plugin functionality, and it's great!

Apart from one little thing - the two main plugins I want to use for a number of projects both require Google Play Services. AdMob does as well, apparently, although I'm not using that.

Would it be possible to include this in the build? It seems pretty basic to expect an Android build which is going to be promoted via Google Play to include the services as an option.

Looking forward to your response,
Andy

Serhii Kulibaba

Google play services

Hello Andrew,

Sure, you can include it.

Andrew Peacock

Google play services

Hi Sergiy,

Sorry - I meant could you include it in the build (as an option, I guess). I've tried, but as I'm not a hard-core java developer, it never builds successfully.

Or, if there's a straight-forward method of including it, could you write a tutorial?

Regards,
Andy

Andrew Peacock

Google play services

Hi Sergiy,
Is this something that could be added to the road-map, or a tutorial written? Play services are key to many plugins (eg, admob, although I'm not using that personally), so it's a definite sales point that you could include in your marketing.

Andy

Andrew Peacock

Google play services

Hi Sergiy (or others),
Any thoughts on the above question?
Andy

maxkatz

Google play services

We are going to look into this more. I did a quick search for "google play services phonegap" and didn't find any stable plugins out there.

Andrew Peacock

Google play services

Hi Max,
That's great. I don't think there is an official plugin, which is why I've raised it with yourselves directly. If you can support it, that would open up some additional plugins which currently can't be used via your new plugin functionality.

Looking forward to some updates soon! :-)

Andy

Andrew Peacock

Google play services

Hi Max,
Has there been any progress on this?
Andy

maxkatz

Google play services

The best approach here is to upload a 3rd party plug-in into your app. That's the main reason we added the option to add any Cordova plug-ins to your app.

Andrew Peacock

Google play services

Hi Max, as mentioned aboved, there isn't (as far as I know) a 3rd party plugin for Google Play Services, but there are quite a few plugins that depend on it.

Even a tutorial on how to get the Google Play Services added via source-code changes would be good.

Andy

Return to “Issues”