Carl Rocco

Numeric keyboard on Galaxy S5 missing decimal point "." and minus sign "-"

I'm using an Input (type=number) and when I click the field on my Galaxy S5, the numeric keyboard comes up with no "-" or "."

When I run it through the browser I do get a decimal point but no minus sign. But as a published .apk, I get neither.

I set the max and min properties to a positive and negative numbers and also set the step property to 0.1 hoping the step property would make the decimal show and the min being negative might make the "-" show but no luck.

Is there a property I'm missing or is it just a device issue?

Thanks!

Carl Rocco

Numeric keyboard on Galaxy S5 missing decimal point "." and minus sign "-"

Hi Illya,
Thanks for the fast response and link.

I have been googling for awhile trying to find something related but had no luck. I was afraid of that answer. Anyways, I do have a couple of work arounds in mind though.

Thanks for the help

golddyfrance

Re: Numeric keyboard on Galaxy S5 missing decimal point

Carl Rocco wrote: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:41 pm

I'm using an Input (type=number) and when I click the field on my Galaxy S5, the numeric keyboard comes up with no "-" or "."

When I run it through the browser I do get a decimal point but no minus sign. But as a published .apk, I get neither.

I set the max and min properties to a positive and negative numbers and also set the step property to 0.1 hoping the step property would make the decimal show and the min being negative might make the "-" show but no luck.

Thanks!

Try to use swiftkey keyboard if this keyboard solve your issue then it's okay, But if this doesn't work then I think should do a hard rest of your galaxy device.

kirito

by hard reset, you mean reboot? or root? i don't know how to do that...can you share the steps? Kinemaster MOD APK

kol909

With the smal steps you can do both reset and reboot. But before that know reset and reboot both are different. ..Ok?

kossmoss

golddyfrance wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:13 am
Carl Rocco wrote: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:41 pm

Thanks!

Try to use swiftkey keyboard if this keyboard solve your issue then it's okay, But if this doesn't work then I think should do a hard rest of your galaxy device.

When using virtual numeric keyboard in SfNumericTextBox, decimal point and minus sign will be missing in some of the Samsung devices.gbwhatsapp

JohnWick128

I think this could be due to Samsung keyboard issue?? Try calling support community may be it will resolve your issue.Nulls Brawl Apk

sdzthomas001

whatsapp aeroI also used samsung galaxy s5 phone, if you are getting this issue I think this defect came from the screen. So by replacing your phones screen problem get solved.

smithli

Only this problem for Samsung? Or IOS also?

Return to “Issues”