ssquire

What is the process for making 1 app with multiple databases so I can distribute to different companies?

I want to take an app I created and give it to several different companies without database sharing. What is the process for doing this?

Bruce Stuart

What is the process for making 1 app with multiple databases so I can distribute to different companies?

Steven,

The area several more elegant solutions than the separate Api express projects.

Here’s what we do:

1. You need to associate users to organizations ( companies ). You can do this in the user table by pointing them to a record in your organization table.
  1. You need to have an organization table. In that table you can associate the organization to a database and it’s database key.
  1. As part of login for the user ... read the org they are associated with and the database key.
  1. As part of the login process ... replace the database key for all of Data services ... with the key read in #3. You can do this in JavaScript by:

Mydatabaseservicename.database_id = keyfrom#3

Your app will then read the data / save/ etc from the new database.

You’ll need to manage a login and token into the ‘destination’ database ... however that in the grand scheme of things ... this will be the least of your worries .

We have several apps that do that ... that we’ve developed for different companies .

There’s a lot of work in creating the user sign in process, and registration process ( we use an invite methodology for some ).

We have a canned process for doing this and it takes us About 4 Days to implement. From scratch ... probably 2-3 weeks worth of effort.

If you need help or want to outsource ... we’d love to help. However, hopefully this helps you grasp the concepts involved ... prior to dealing with the complexities.

Best,

Bruce

Return to “Issues”