FPsystems

Additional Controls

I love tiggr so far!
But it would be great if some more controls can be added to it - Button and checkbox groups ; scroll bars (vertical / horizantal); tabs ; video window ; search box ; tooltips; dropdown menus. Finally a way to annotate or explain some of the icons (which is exported to a separate specificactions file when you export to HTML).
Thank you!

maxkatz

Additional Controls

We actually already have most controls you listed. There is a button and a check box. There is a tab container (in Containers palettes). There is a drop down menu (for now it's called Combobox). Search box is pretty simple to create by just using a label (Text) and an input field.

As for scroll bars - what did you have in mind? Same for video. We can easily add a new component inside the editor, the but question is, what is going to be generated when you view the prototype in a web browser? I think scroll bars need to be a part of some container. We can add a video component - what would you like to see in a web browser?

Annotations and comments is something we are planning to add as well as general update to all components. We want to make sure we cover all standard HTML tags.

FPsystems

Additional Controls

Thanks for your feedback. Here are my responses :

Radio button & check box groups - would be different from single buttons. In a radio button group you can only check one of the buttons - the others automatically get grayed out. (multually exclusive options).
Scroll bars - (horizantal / vertilcal) are to allow users to see more data in either a drop down list, text box or a container. Similar to what you see in your browser window.
Video - It can generate a container for an object which the user can replace with an embed code for a youtube video or a flash animation.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

maxkatz

Additional Controls

Radio buttons you can group today, although there are some limits but we are going to fix it in next release. If you place radio buttons inside a control such as Panel then all the them will belong to one group. In the next release we will make it possible to create radio buttons groups without using a panel - this way you can create two or more groups inside the same panel.

How would you define a check box group? Do you have an example somewhere? As far as I know, check boxes don't have the same property as radio buttons where only one value can be selected within a group.

Scroll bars - do you mean something like this: http://gotiggr.com/preview/7781/

Video - interesting idea. We are going to look into this more.

Return to “Issues”