BenjaminKaiser

404 at Facebook login and can't close inapp browser

I try to implement the facebook login in my app, but I face some problems. First of all I've added the "callback" url... I don't know what this is for? Ok, facebook needs a redirect URL which need to be online. But does it means that the user got redirected to the online version of my app after the login or is it just a "placeholder" for the inapp browser window which will be closed after the login? Do I really need to use this URL or can I use my own and it's really just a "placeholder"?

Now my two problems. :-)

1) I've added the callback url like it's listed in the tutorial. Facebook call it this way:

http://appery.io/app/view/21ef5699-16...

It works fine in my Desktop Firefox browser, but not with my Safari on ios 7.1.2. On my iPhone I always got a 404 error on the appery.io website. You can try it by open the URL in your safari browser, you don't need to use the inapp browser of phonegap. Seems like a problem with the parameters...

2) It's not possible to close the inapp window after the login The "ref.close();" command do nothing. :-( I've read that I should switch back to LIB version 1.2, but this also don't work. Any clue on this? I'm using the Appery tester app on my iphone...

Best,

Benny

Alena Prykhodko

Hello Benjamin,

We are sorry for delay.
I will try to get you a more in-depth update as soon as possible.
It will take some time

Illya Stepanov

Hi Benjamin,

1) We can't reproduce the problem not on the desktop browser or on iOS.

Could you please share your app with a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a and send us the app name.

2) We know that there is such a problem in the library version 2.0. We have reported this bug, it will be fixed in the next release on September 21. In library version 1.x everything works correctly, you may use it or wait for the release. Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing.

Kateryna Grynko

Hi Benjamin,

Did you get it working?

Return to “Issues”