Mike6979865

Minimum Permissions For Android

What are the minimum permission for Android for my application to work. I tried to reduce the permission and my application crashed. I need access to camera, local storage, and read today's date. The default permission ask for too much. I need push supported as well.

Kateryna Grynko

Hi Mike,

You can check here those permissions you need and untick unneeded: http://devcenter.appery.io/documentat...

John P

I had a situation where my app stopped running on the device just because I disabled some permissions (which the app itself did not use). With no code or UI changes, just restoring to default permissions (which do seem excessive), the app started working again.

I assume Appery's libraries require certain permissions, or maybe there is a check-in with Appery's servers when the app starts up?

Do we need to have certain permissions enabled in order for the app to work? or rather, there ARE some permissions that are always required ... what are they?

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello John,

Permission ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE is necessary, but for different devices the number of required permissions may differ.

Return to “Issues”