Andy Parker

Bulk Loading of Local Storage Variables using New Storage and Models functionality

Hi,

my app requires a lot of storage variables to be created at first run to allow the app to seamlessly access large amounts of data quickly and efficiently.
These storage variables contain fixed data.

Now we have Storage & Models built within the Appery.io system, is there a function that will allow me to bulk load several hundred storage variables?

I can't manually enter all of these as it will not only take a long time, but could be erroneous as well.

thanks as always

Andy.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Bulk Loading of Local Storage Variables using New Storage and Models functionality

Hello Andy,

No, unfortunately we do not have such feature.
Could you please clarify, are you going to use all these variables in the mapping, actions (meaning that you can drag something, select from the drop-down lists, and so on), or only in custom js code? If only in js code, you do not need to create anything in model and storage.

Andy Parker

Thanks Evgene,

I was hoping to have pre-loaded local variables in the app to save the first time run delay that takes place while the variables are loaded.

I would be accessing these using custom js only.

The ability to have data pre-loaded in the application is something that would be very useful.

I have hundreds of lines of code setting local storage variables on first time run.

Kateryna Grynko

Hi Andy,

If you don't use them for mapping and other selects, you can leave it as is, that is set them via code without using storage and models.

Return to “Issues”