David wyatt

Windows splash screen and screen orientation

Hi,

2 Questions around windows apps

1. can I change the splash screen on windows phones. I found an image labelled splash screen in the windows source and wondered if i could just replace that. Also if thats right what size does it need to be?

2. can you lock screen orientation o windows, I can see how to do it on Android and IOS but nothing for windows?

Many thanks

Bruce Stuart

Before going too far down the road on creating a Windows app - you might want to check out this thread...:

https://getsatisfaction.com/apperyio/...

Bruce

David wyatt

Thanks Bruce, that probably explains why I had my last update refused. Chattered to a Microsoft representative and she could not explain why it was refused, all she did was quote
"The title of the application's 'application list' icon appears to be a generic title, and is not representative of the application.
Very unhelpful and I was at the point of giving up on Windows altogether (I threatened it to her and still she wouldn't help).
Its a shame as its a great OS but with Microsoft's attitude and the lack of support (so very few comments or tutorials about it on Apperyio) I worry it will disappear.

Return to “Issues”