SteveLacy

video doesn't play on jelly bean (Android 4.1)

I've found that within my app and within the Tiggzi tester app, that the videos won't play properly unless you select the full screen option. I'm testing my app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1.1.

The audio begins playing when you select the play button, but you don't see any video unless you select the full screen option. Then you see the video and hear the audio properly.

Is there something I can do to ensure the videos play properly on Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean)?

maxkatz

When you say Tiggzi tester app -- how/where exactly do you test? Do you test in the web browser, via Tiggzi Mobile App Tester or installed as native app?

SteveLacy

I'm testing using the Android Tiggzi Tester app that I downloaded to my phone. I launch the tester app, login, then "run" my app within the Tiggzi tester app.

I found that if I use my phone's browser to test the app (using the QR code), that it launches in my native browser (Dolphin) and it works fine. Although if I use the Tiggzi tester app, it doesn't. I've also found that my deployed apps in the Google Play store won't play video properly on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3/Android 4.1.1) unless I click the full screen option.

I suspect there's a Tiggzi browser (or child browser) that doesn't quite support the html5 playback?

maxkatz

There is no such thing as Tiggzi browser -- Tiggzi provides an app builder (IDE). The app runs in the browser (or as native, but also in the browser). I suspect it has something to do when running the app as PhoneGap app -- it doesn't open a standard browser window. I'd search the PhoneGap forums and check a similar problem was reported.

Return to “Issues”