Terry Gilliver

SQLITE database locally on phone

If I wanted to create a internet free app, storing the data locally on the phone only, can this be done with sqlite? Are there any tutorials for this?

Jeffry Reed

Hello Terry,

You could use sqllite either via the cordova plugin or third party library that supports all methods of browser storage. However, sqllite is depreciated and the general recommendation is using a library where the storage is managed with fallback support. Depending on your needs and skills there are a number of libraries to choose from.

Appery uses local forage although the core library is very simple.

Personally I like dexie. It is simple for basic usage but also has advanced features, is well documented, and has some nice addons.

If you really want to go all out Lovefield is possibly the most advanced IndexedDB library. It was created by Google for use in its own products (GMail, Google Play Movies & TV) so obviously it is very performant. The major drawback of Lovefield is that it was developed and used by top level engineers and the documentation is primarily source code comments.

Do a search for IndexedDB libraries and do a little reading... I am sure you will find one that meets your needs.

Jeff

Serhii Kulibaba

Hello Terry,

Jeffry is absolutely right, please look at Cordova Storage documentation to see all pros and cons of different storage types: https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/la...

Terry Gilliver

Thanks Guys,

That has given me something to look into

Return to “Issues”