Ole Henrik Oftedal

Min SDK version issue (Android-jquery mobile app)

Hi :-)

I want to support older versions of Android phones in my app.

At the same time I will need the latest API to be able to upload to the Google Play Store (mandatory from Google and not an option).

To achieve this I need to select Library version 5.1 (the latest). Then I have to select
Min. SDK version = 7.0 (the lowest avaiable)
Target SDK version = 9.0 (the minmum from Google)

When I try to upload the APK file in Google Play developer Console I will succeed. However Google warns me that over 40% of devices wil not be compatible any more :-(

This is a high percentage. And some of the listed phone are like type Samsung Note 7 (made in 2016). I now that some of my customers will suffer from this so this is not a good situation to be in.

What to do? Please help!

Can you help me change to an older Min. SDK version before I start the APK build?

Best regards

Ole Henrik Oftedal
Support/Developer
Timeflex Systemer AS (Norway)
https://www.timeflex.no
https://www.timeflex.com

Serhii Kulibaba

Hello,

This is a restriction by Google. Not possible to use the latest libraries version (it uses the latest Android SDK) with old devices. As a workaround, you can use the previous libraries version, which has the option to select lower Min SDK version

Ole Henrik Oftedal

Hi and thankyou for quick reply.

"As a workaround, you can use the previous libraries version, which has the option to select lower Min SDK version"

No. I am sorry. The App Builder will prevent me. Because there is no way of selecting the latest Target version in dropdown menu when you have selected old Library.

Ole Henrik Oftedal

Thank you so much. It worked fine :-) I have now placed app in Open Beta Tester program and we can start the testing now!

We are now on Libary 5.0 instead of 5.1.

Min. SDK version = 4.1 x (the lowest avaiable)

Cheers,

Ole.

maykohli0503

Re: Min SDK version issue (Android-jquery mobile app)

Actually sometime older apps or their versions does not support in android so check it

Return to “Issues”