Joe2303947

Drupal implementation example?

For us beginners/intermediates out here, would love to see a tutorial on how to take the exported package and use it with drupal to manipulate data.

For example: I have an intranet site using Open Atrium (drupal distro) but have no idea how to take Tiggr output and implement it. I've added a Client content type and would like to use Tiggr for the View, Add, Modify & Delete Client forms/pages.

maxkatz

Hi Joe -

Just to make sure I understand, you would like to take Tiggr output (HTML, JavaScript, CSS) and use it inside Open Atrium? For example, to create new page?

Joe2303947

I work with both drupal and wordpress on various sites. The platform isn't as important to me as the basic process of getting the Tiggr forms to interact with a mysql database. Once that works, it could easily be wrapped and packaged as a CMS plugin/module (or even a php include or something) for whatever CMS it's going to be used on.

If this is basic php/database stuff, I apologize. I'm pretty good at tinkering & learning, but don't know where to start with the Tiggr output. I'm an artist, not a programmer. :)

I also figured I'd go ahead and ask, since so many people out there use drupal, wordpress or both - and I might not be the only one out here thinking "I made a pretty form/app... but now what?"

maxkatz

Thanks for the additional information. It's a direction we are considering in the future, but today it's not possible to connect to a data source. Today you get full UI, so you could take the complete HTML (Export HTML bundle: http://blog.gotiggr.com/2011/01/expor...) and start using it as a starting point UI for Drupa, Wordpress or anything else.

Joe2303947

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I commend you on your work. Even if it's above my current knowledge level, Tiggr looks great and seems to perform its function flawlessly.

Return to “Issues”