sdanigo

IOS Publication and new key needed

Hi,
Actually, we need that key to be filled in order to publish on IOS when using the camera: NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription
That key is not present in the Appery environnement.
Appery team told me to add this key in the cordova plugin. I've done that and after multiple test, always the same response from Apple:

Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

I've also try to put that key directly in the source code... But not better..

I've made a test:
I have export my project (IPA) with the key in the cordova plugin and then export the project for Xcode. I've then looked in .plist file and I saw that the key is empty (remember it was filled in the appery environnement).
I have then modify the source code in the Appery environnement and re export for Xcode. Same result, key is empty in Xcode.

Seems that that key is never export, whatever we do.

I would like to have an answer on that from the Appery team as it cause very big problems to my company.

Thanks

Sylvain

Evgene Karachevtsev

Dear Sylvain,

Please share your app with support and tell us its name.

sdanigo

Application is shared with support.
Name igacheck

Thanks

Sylvain

Evgene Karachevtsev

Dear Sylvain,

We checked your project. You added 3 parameters to the old version of the Camera plugin (1.2.0), but marked the new version of it (2.3.0). Please add 2 parameters to the new Camera plugin as it is shown here: https://docs.appery.io/docs/appexport...
you may find more information about this plugin here: https://github.com/apache/cordova-plu...

sdanigo

Hi,
I've added 3 parameters in the old version of the camera plugin and I'm not able to cancel that (see my other post concerning the bug in Appery interface when adding 3 or more options in a cordova plugin, Appery team tell me that they will inform the dev team and that will be fixed ASAp, but I'm still waiting for that...).
That said, I have done what you said (adding 2 parameters in the new camera plugin) and export as a Ipa and always the same response from Apple.
So I have removed them, that's why you don't see them actually.

Look at my previous post in this thread:

"I've made a test:
I have export my project (IPA) with the key in the cordova plugin and then export the project for Xcode. I've then looked in .plist file and I saw that the key is empty (remember it was filled in the appery environnement).
I have then modify the source code in the Appery environnement and re export for Xcode. Same result, key is empty in Xcode.

Seems that that key is never export, whatever we do. "

Illya Stepanov

Hi Sylvain,

We can see that in your project there was edited source files, before making any project configuration changes you'll need to roll back source changes first - by deleting the blue folders and applying "Undo all source changes" on the main folder.

After that select the Cordova Camera plugin version 2.3.0 and in the Option define only two variables:
pre
CAMERA_USAGE_DESCRIPTION for NSCameraUsageDescription/pre

prePHOTOLIBRARY_USAGE_DESCRIPTION for NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription/pre
-- if you leave values fields empty the description string will be empty in the exported source files.

Click "Save" and export your binary package - we have checked this on your project backup file on our side and after exporting the binary package all the Privacy strings were included in Info.plist file.

Illya Stepanov

Before making the above changes you can save your current App Version.

Return to “Issues”