Andy Foard5435524

inconsistent app results on android devices.

Hi, I have created an app for vehicle inspections. As part of the inspection I have a screen that takes a picture, uploads it and assigns a storage variable and screen label (for debug) with the url of the image (this is added to a MySQL table along with the vehicle inspection data).

This works OK on my Galaxy note 3 both in the tester and as an app but won't work on two other devices - a Sony Xperia SGP311 tablet and an Alcatel One Touch 7S tablet. Both fail to upload the image and set the storage and text label with the file url.

It may be something I am doing wrong but I can't work it out - any advice would be gratefully received as I am a newbie.

Serhii Kulibaba

Hello Andy,

Please try to debug your app remotely using Weinre debugger (https://docs.appery.io/docs/weinre-de...).

Are there any errors in the console?

Andy Foard5435524

Hi Sergiy, Yes I get a
CameraService can't process request because navigator.camera is undefined

I tried this on all three devices(including the one that works OK normally) and get the same error. I am using jquery and cordova camera plug in. Image

Serhii Kulibaba

Could you clarify have you changed anything on the Source tab?

If you did, these custom changes might cause the build to fail. Try to rollback the custom source changes and try to build the app again. Here is how to rollback custom source change: https://docs.appery.io/docs/appbuilde...

When you make changes in the Source view for a particular page, the visual editor for that page will not be updated (until you rollback the changes).

Please send us devices' versions of the Android where that app works and doesn't work.

Andy Foard5435524

It is odd, I have built the app as an andriod .apk - works fine on one device and not on the other two I am using to test - the debugger reports:

Error in Success callbackId: Camera212561025 : TypeError: Illegal constructor

How do I send you the file?

Illya Stepanov

Please take a look here how to do this: https://docs.appery.io/docs/teams-sha...

And let us know the name of your project.

Andy Foard5435524

Thank you Illya, that has bow been done - the project is called Vehicle Inspection.

Illya Stepanov

On which device's you are getting such errors? "Error in Success callbackId: Camera212561025 : TypeError: Illegal constructor "
Please specify the OS versions on them.

Andy Foard5435524

On the Alcatel Pop7s and Sony Experia - both on Android version 4.3

Illya Stepanov

And please describe the steps to reproduce this in your app.

Return to “Issues”