Andy Foard5435524

inconsistent app results on android devices.

If you pick a vehicle from the open screen and then from the Details screen tap on the Damage Screen button. This should open up a screen with 4 images of a vehicle, front, rear etc. Press on any of these and it should invoke the camera. Once a picture is taken it should then upload to the vehicles database, display the image taken and set a local storage variable and text box on screen. I have attached a screen shot from my Galaxy Note 3 which works: Image

Andy Foard5435524

Hi Illya, any update on this issue?

Illya Stepanov

Hi Andy -

We are sorry for the delay in our response, as we can see in your App Settings Android binary you have selected Target SDK ver. to Android 4.1.x -- give a try by selecting Target SDK to Android 5.0.x and the Min. SDK version leave Android 4.1.x

Andy Foard5435524

Hi Illya , I did what you suggested but sadly this made no difference. I have checked the versions on the tablets that don't work - they are 4.3 and on the working device it is 4.4

I also loaded it and successfully ran it on my Google Nexus 7 tablet - this too is a 4.4 Android device. Any other suggestions please.

Andy Foard5435524

Any more updates to this please, it is now 14 days since my original issue was posted.

Yurii Orishchuk

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your details.

I've just tried your app and could not find "Damage Screen button" on the car details page.

Anyway, it seems like somehow your app does not start correctly on the goal device. And cordova not working there.

You can try following to make sure cordova started correctly:

1 Open WEINRE debugger.
2 Run the app on the goal device.
3 Put following JS code in WEINRE console:

pre

console.log(device.uuid);

/pre

There device id should appear in console.

Regards.

Andy Foard5435524

Hi Yurii, The Damage Button has been renamed to "Take Picture". I have tried your suggestion and no errors are being report in the WEINRE console. I am now under pressure to get this app launched so would appreciate a quick response - can you test the app on a device running Android 4.3 or lower.

Illya Stepanov

Hi Andy,

If you need a specific help with your app running on a specific Android version device, we can provide such help through our Advisory pack option support. Details can be found at: https://appery.io/services/

Andy Foard5435524

I am quite disappointed to have waited two weeks+ for this answer - please clarify what versions of Andriod you support.

Illya Stepanov

Andy,

We really sorry about this and we are understand your disappointment. Such cases can be related to a specific device issues and investigation of such cases requires a developer involvement to be able to diagnose the cause of the issue and provide the working solution.

Please find out our general support policy at: https://docs.appery.io/docs/general-s...

And the list of supported device's and browser versions here: https://docs.appery.io/docs/general-d...

Return to “Issues”