Evgene Karachevtsev

Platform Maintenance on October 29

We're planning our new release on October 29. List of new features will be added soon.

Bruce Stuart

iOS 11 support is in this release ?

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Bruce,

Unfortunately, not. We're still investigating the possible issues, but honestly, the only one we've found is that we don't have a theme for iOS 11. Thus, Appery.io builds should work correctly in most cases, but officially iOS 11 will be supported later.

Illya Stepanov

Find out details about our recent release in our blog post: https://blog.appery.io/2017/10/the-oc...

Bruce Stuart

Gentlemen ,

Respectfully I thank you for the update.

I will however add that in terms of substantive addition of features the list is honestly missing any real substantive changes, and the issues for IOS 11 are more than what you e listed as I’ve alluded to in a separate post.

Since the IOS11 issues are important for no other reason than (a) reputationally (b)they will be required when Apple refuses no longer allow xCode 8 built Software on the App Store ... it’s challenging to understand from a users perspective given the majority share the Apple store seems to have with business users ... what the real plan is here for the platform given the lack of a roadmap for the product and any definition on IOS11 here.

Please correct me ...as like many users have ... I have a tremendous amount at risk here and am very much tied into this platform.

Bruce

Jamo

Team,

I'm both disappointed and frustrated to hear iOS11/xCode8 issues are not resolved in the October release. Its been over a month now and the repeated response to our questions has been "soon".
I am unable to release the latest iOS version of our app and am stuck until you resolve these issues or provide a work-around in xCode.

Please advise.

Bruce Stuart

Jamo,

I can help with the workaround If you email your me your specific Challenge... However I agree wholeheartedly with your comments.... The challenges are extremely time-consuming to work around and must be repeated each time you build the product... And are honestly a pain that is not needed.

Best, Bruce

Jeffry Reed

What about iOS Push Notification Title missing brought up here and elsewhere. https://getsatisfaction.com/apperyio/...

My testing shows that this has not been resolved either. rather disappointing!

Why does Resources - Security say DEPRECIATED? Has the whole security functionality been depreciated?

FYI, one can get a Dreamfactory instance on AWS starting at less than $5 per month. Telerik App Builder is also better maintained and cost less.

Bruce Stuart

Here's a quick video of how to Workaround the top 5 issues (oh - Appery Team - I've summarized them in this video) with App distribution - but please do add Jeff's Issue to your list - here's mine plus Jeff's

1. The Development team is not effectively selected (You likely can't do that but it never hurts to ask).

2. The size of the UI Display is not configured and must be tweaked manually. See video.

3. You (Appery) are not sending the REQUIRED 1024x1024 asset - called the Marketing icon. There are numerous others that cause the product to function less than professionally that are also missing and will cause users heartache (esp the Watch Icon for push notifications - which my customers use ALL THE TIME).

4. The missing pList key for Camera usage - when the camera plugin is selected and used.

5. Export compliance pList key is missing .

6. Jeff's issue with IOS Push notification.

All and all - to build a product on IOS - with all of the manual intervention with xCode 9 - there's about 15-30 minutes extra work - per Build that must be repeated and remembered - to get a build out. That's substantive.

Here's my link to the video that shows you - the Appery user - how to work around these issues:

https://youtu.be/nFhHv8Hf-gI

Best,

Bruce

Return to “Issues”