Deon

New App Issues

Hi
I just created a simple app to run on Android and to display videos with the HTML Video Element.

I have stored both videos in the file system as they are too large to include with the app.

One video plays perfectly. The other video hangs almost immediately as I play it.

Both videos play perfectly from through the video player app.

In addition, I have enabled Auto updates, but it is not working. Maybe it is a permission thing? What Android permissions must be enabled for AutoUpdate to work?

Serhii Kulibaba

New App Issues

Hello Deon,

Please enable the Cordova plugin "Hot Code Push Plugin" for that application and install it to the device to make the auto-update work

Deon

New App Issues

Great thank you.

Deon

New App Issues

Hot Code Push plugin enabled. Brand new APK created.

Auto Updates Enabled.

Still does not work!!!!

Serhii Kulibaba

New App Issues

How do you publish updates, using Export-Auto update?
Is that application shared with a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a?

Deon

New App Issues

Yes.
Application called "Nescafe"

Ellen Schlechter

New App Issues

I am having the same issue with Auto Update not working.

Deon

New App Issues

and now I cant even build an APK. It just fails on Build Error with no error. Works 100% in Appery Tester. This is a simple static app. Does not even connect to Appery DB.

These issues are draining. You guys push so many updates but you break more things instead of stabalising your platform. Should call your platform Buggery.io.

My clients are now wanting to contact you cause their app is delayed from critical launch because of all your bugs.

Serhii Kulibaba

New App Issues

Just tested your application - Auto-update works fine.

You are getting build error, because you enabled the PushPlugin but didn't set the variable SENDER_ID: https://docs.appery.io/docs/pushnotif...
I disabled it for a while, please check it.

Deon

New App Issues

Hmm, I must have accidentally enabled all plugins by mistake. However there is still a problem with Auto Update

It seems to be updating but.....

1. The checking for updates messages is not there on startup.

2. Once the app opens and after about 3 seconds a white screen appears and remains for about 3 seconds and then the page reopens. Why is it doing this? Something is not finished loading. I navigate to some page, then I get white screen and I am returned back to home.

This is an Auto Update issue with Libraries 5. When I disable Auto update, the App works fine.

I have downgraded to Libraries 4.1 and Auto update works perfectly.
    Again so much time wasted!

Return to “Issues”