TimKuehn

New User "Hello World" Problem

I'm a new user coming in through the recent Progress / OpenEdge deal, and I'm working through the "Hello World" example here: http://docs.tiggzi.com/tutorials/buil... and I've run into a couple of problems.

1) I can't get the "javascript" version of storing and retrieving values to work - it seems like the "onload" event isn't firing when the navigated-to page is loaded.

2) Using the "built-in" functionality to use local storage seems to work - the first time. After that, hitting the "back" button, entering some new text, then hitting the "hello android" button changes the screen, but the text doesn't get passed to and displayed on the follow-on page.

I'm wondering what the issue is, and how I can diagnose it on my own later on.

Thx! Tim

Illya Stepanov

Hi Tim,

1. - Do you set all the names (Page, Label component etc.) precisely as it was in tutorial?

2. - I'm not sure I understand you right, what exactly not working? (where do you test it?)

Also, try to save app and test it from the Projects menu in Tiggzi, everything should work OK.

TimKuehn

Hi Illya - I followed the instructions for the updated example as precisely as I understood them.

Both pages were created and tested in Tiggzi.

In the first case, I enter a something in the first page, hit the button, and it shows up on the next page, as expected. Then I hit the "back" button, enter something different in the first page, hit the button, and the text which shows up on the second page isn't what I'd just entered, it's the text from from the previous call.

I also tried the javascript variation of that exercise, and it didn't work at all - no text showed up on the second page at all. I tried setting the label to a fixed value in the "onload" trigger, and still nothing was displayed.

Illya Stepanov

Tim, I can't reproduce first case. (What browser are you using?)

In second case: why you are setting the label to a fixed value?
It should be like this: Image

TimKuehn

I'm using firefox.

I set the variable to a fixed value to determine if the trigger was being run after the label failed to be populated using the javascript version.

Illya Stepanov

Could you please share your project with a href="mailto:support@tiggzi.com" rel="nofollow"support@tiggzi.com/a so we can take a look?

TimKuehn

Done.

Maryna Brodina

Hi, could you clarify please what address did you use to share your app? Please try to share your app again with a href="mailto:support-progress@tiggzi.com" rel="nofollow"support-progress@tiggzi.com/a

TimKuehn

I shared the project with a href="mailto:support@tiggzi.com" rel="nofollow"support@tiggzi.com/a.

I just opened my project page from Progress Development Suite - and I'm back to a blank slate....all the stuff I'd worked on yesterday is gone!

I hope tiggzi support has a link to the stuff I was working on from the "share" I sent them....

TimKuehn

I've re-created the screens, and what happens is:

• I enter a value in the "start" screen.
  • I press "save", and the "results" screen shows with the value
  • I hit the "back" button, and get the "Start" screen again.
  • I enter a different value and press "save", and the "result" screen shows the first value I entered, not the most recent value I entered.

Return to “Issues”