An M

splash image appears deformed (nine-patch)

I've created nine-patch images and uploaded them to App Settings-Android Binary-Launch Images

When we run the .apk from the device (nexus 5, android 6) the splash screen appears stretched (vertical-wise).

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Could you please help? Thanks!

Alena Prykhodko

Hello,

Have you tried on different devices? Is it reproducible only on Nexus 5 with Android 6?

Officially we do not support Android 6, this can be the reason https://devcenter.appery.io/documenta...

An M

Have you tried on different devices? Is it reproducible only on Nexus 5 with Android 6?

I haven't tried in other devices. In fact I was going to try on another device but it was Android 4.0.1. Is there some workaround to make it work in that version of Android?

An M

UPDATE:

Since my app is very simple, I modified the Android.XML to allow minSdkVersion=14 (Android 4.0)

In this device running Android 4.0, the splash image still looks deformed, stretched verticalwise.

Illya Stepanov

Hello -

Please follow the solution described in our documentation here: https://devcenter.appery.io/documenta...

An M

Hi I did the steps in showed in the link. I get an "unknown" (blank) error. I attach images.

I also verified and discarded

"If you face a specific problem and get a build error when trying to create your .apk file after renaming image, the possible solutions are:

Code: Select all

Delete the black duplicated ‘splash.png’ files from the source tab 
 Undo source changes 
 Check release 

"

I find weird thought that althought I undo all source changes, the file still appears in light blue.

Image Image Image

please help

An M

UPDATE1:

Also the sizes that appear on the link you sent:
lhdpi: 162×162
mdpi: 242×242
hdpi: 322×322
xhdpi: 482×482

do not agree with the sizes in App Settings-Android Binary

UPDATE 2:
If I delete the splash.9.png file that I uploaded directly into the res/drawable-ldpi folder the proyect exports succesfully as .apk.

Illya Stepanov

Please share (http://devcenter.appery.io/documentat...) your app with a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a and provide us your app name.

An M

done

An M

I received an email indicating that you couldn't find the app, although is the only one on the account. Please keep me posted. Thanks!!

Return to “Issues”