Hnto7127371

ios push notifications not working since update

Hello,

Since recently push notifications don't work on ios devices anymore. New devices are not added in the database but android devices to get added. I've checked al my certificates and they work accordingly. I've exported the app in xcode and started it and it shows the following error in NSLOG:

coderegisterForRemoteNotificationTypes: is not supported in iOS 8.0 and later./code

I've used the xcode simulator to start a simulator with ios 7 and that device DOES get added to the database. But on real iphone devices that have ios8 it doesn't work.

iPhone users with ios8 don't see the option to allow push notifications or not but users with ios 7 do see this option. This probably means that there is a bug in appery with ios8 receiving push.

iPhone users with ios 7 are added in the database but when I send them a push notification appery says "error: invalid token" and the device is deleted from the database.

If this is a bug, will it be fixed soon??

I have a deadline by next week so I need it working

Illya Stepanov

Hello -

Pushes for iOS 8 working correctly in new builder (http://devcenter.appery.io/documentat...).

The above error message you are getting, if you are using the old version of our builder, so if you want to make pushes work in iOS 8 -- upgrade your app to a new builder version.

Hnto7127371

Hello Illya,

Oke, I will update then!

But, I have other applications that have not yet been updated and those applications work with ios push notifications. These are applications that have been uploaded to the app store 6 months ago.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Hnto,

They may work correctly, but in most cases they don't do that, so you may feel lucky.

Alex GG

Hi Evgene,

Im have a similar issue...

Im crated a new app with the new builder, this app is going to replace an existing app in AppStore.

I use the same distribution certificate and created a new prov profile (both apps the old and this newly created have the same Bundle Id)

Im also set push notifications, but Im getting lots of errors when opening in Xcode.

(Everything works fine, even push notifications, when instaling .ipa to device..ios7.1)

Then I uncheck push notifications and reset push certificate to see if that was the problem..

but still getting the Pushnotifications Ios8 errors..

Please take a look to the SS..

How can I fix this problem???

Alex GG

Hi Maryna,
these links didnt help me,..

As I said, if I install .ipa to my iphone the App and push notifications works fine!

But how can I remove this errors when exporting to Xcode??

Please help!

Regards

Alex GG

Al the errors are in the Pushnotification.m file on xcode

Do I need to upgrade xcode? Im using V5.1.1

Alex GG

Does anyone knows if these errors are fixed if I install Xcode 6.1??

Regards

Alena Prykhodko

Hello Alex,

Unfortunately, It has nothing to do with xCode 6.1

Return to “Issues”