Mark7294305

navigateTo page doesn't work on tester

Hello Support
The navigateTo page function doesn't work on the tester app all you see is a spinning wheel. This started to happen following your previous update a few weeks back. You then stated that you submitted the fix to the App store. However I installed the new version on my iphone yesterday and I have the same problem. I am very dissapointed with this as I would have thought that you would have checked the tester properly before releasing it to the APP store. Guys I think I speak on behalf of most of the paying customers by saying that we prefer a stable and working platform rather than a platform that is constantly breaking. PLEASE STOP PUSHING THESE BUG INFESTED UPDATES!! WE DONT WANT THEM

Alena Prykhodko

Hello Mark,

Please clarify what iOS version do you use to test?

Mark7294305

my IOS was 8.3. I have now upgraded to 9. No change

Mark7294305

Could you confirm what IOS version your new tester works on??

Alena Prykhodko

Yes, it should work for iOS9.

Bruce Stuart

Let me state unequivocally that this is NOT just a tester issue.

I have submitted s ticket ,with no response yet ,that is related. My app under any IOS version is VERY unstable on page changes when calling navigate to ... And on the device itself the spinner runs and the app then CRASHES ! With a compiled .ipa

This is actually a super hi priority issue as you cannot distribute any app to production IOS via the App Store .using the version 3 libraries

Best
Bruce

Mark7294305

But the tester was working prior to the main November update. If Appery was to rollback the platform and tester to October all would be ok. Why cant they test these products before release them rather than releasing them and then fixing them afterwards? Whats the hurry?

Illya Stepanov

Hi -

I have tested with Libraries version 3.0 jQuery Mobile project on iOS 9.0.2 -
precode
Apperyio.navigateTo('ScreenName', {transition : 'slideup'});
/code/pre

-- works correctly.

Possibly there are some issues with your specific projects -- please share them with support, we'll check them and specify the names of your apps.

Bruce Stuart

Illya,

the issue is caused by running the command without the additional parameters....

so - Apperyio.navigateTo('screenName') ... which used to work under the V2.x libraries - when used (which I did up until now) ... now blows up your app and causes it to crash..

The development team - must have not coded for when the second parameter is passed as empty - as with the V3.0 libraries - issuing this command consistently causes the app to crash.

Once I replaced all of my page changes - which I always do in Javascript - and added the second parameter - life was - is wonderful again.

This perhaps should either be fixed - or it should be noted that the second parameter - which used to be optional - is now MANDATORY.

Best,

Bruce

Mark7294305

Yes my libraries was set to the default v2.3 once I changed this to v3.0 all was working. The only side effects that I found so far is that the slider component overlaps the value number if its set to the mini version

Return to “Issues”