Jay6395558

Multiple Android Issues

So... Once again, with your instruction, I made an edit to the Android manifest and now Google Play will not accept the .apk. I'm getting this response.

Upload failed
Your APK cannot be analyzed using 'aapt dump badging'. Error output:
Failed to run aapt dump badging:
W/ ( 2657): Zip: Could not find entry resources.arsc
W/ ( 2657): Zip: Could not find entry AndroidManifest.xml
ERROR: dump failed because no AndroidManifest.xml found

I mean, seriously guys! This is getting ridiculous. Every time I make any edits to the Android source there seems to be a problem.

Is it ever possible to even touch the manifest and have the app get accepted by Google?

At the rate I am going to get this app published I am close to just quitting and finding another company to help me out. This has taken me over a month to fix 3-4 relatively simple issues.

Jay6395558

Multiple Android Issues

And since I know you will probably make me wait a day before you respond with a minimal answer of "did you check release?" I went ahead and checked release and received a different error from Google...

Upload failed
You uploaded a debuggable APK. For security reasons you need to disable debugging before it can be published in Google Play.

Kateryna Grynko

Multiple Android Issues

Hi Jay,

Did you set codeandroid:debuggable="true"/code or codeandroid:debuggable="false"/code in AndroidManifest.xml? There must be codefalse/code.

Most probably, the issue was caused by changing this file, and then all the settings just don't affect it (for example, ticking/unticking Release).

Return to “Issues”