Tom Kyle

All IOS xCode Exports - Take 2 Times to Work

Guys just to update we have had a successful build. It turns out if you delete an img directory in the source to remove any source changes the storyboard images need to re-set.

That is go to App Settings and browse the images to ensure they are linked to an image in your library. My Story board images were in the media library but were not linked when I pressed Browse. To fix I clicked on the image and clicked Apply. On save, the images are put back in the img directory. (Note you may need to close your project and re-open to see them.

Note From Illia
"Re-set all the images in your project iOS settings, the build server doesn't see a file in Storyboards. Keep in mind that the image file should be without any transparency."

One very happy programmer.

I still think access to some form of error messages in the build process is a great suggestion from Bruce.

Bruce Stuart

Serhii and Illya,

I just received the build error that started this thread again, and, once again - It took another attempt by pressing 'try again' to build

Project guid,approximate time of error, etc. shown here for most recent error - with a different account than the one that started this thread. (Screen shot is after I pressed restart - but the idea here is that it failed within 5 minutes of the time the screenshot below was taken.

http://prntscr.com/joegl4

and then success moments later:

http://prntscr.com/joejqo

Bruce Stuart

bottom line - still 2 builds for every one IOS xcode build

Illya Stepanov

We working on this at the moment, we'll let you know about updates.

Illya Stepanov

Good point, Bruce! Yes, but this task is not easy - I will bring this up to our development team and hope we could reconsider the error output mechanism.

Bruce Stuart

Awesome ! Super needed - and I understand that this is not easy - but it would be so very worth the time the dev team spends on it - in terms of customer satisfaction...

Tom Kyle

Excellent guys - great product with great support but us developers are an impatient lot so the more information you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Keep up the great work !

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello,

Could you please try to export your app now and tell us the results?

Tom Kyle

Hi Evgene

I updated my App and marked Enable AutoUpdate in both Android and IOS and saved. Tested it in the Browser OK.

I then went to Export and choose Auto update - it then asked me to Type in the Word UPDATE to progress and then build with success.

I then went to my device and started the App after a couple of minutes and I noticed no changes - I record the version number on my login screen so I will be aware of the change. Nothing seemed to update.

Do I have to wait a certain period of time before it becomes available?

Bruce Stuart

Hi Evgene,

On my app - auto update started working last evening - say around 21 hours ago.

So - yes - working.

Provided I did a republish the app (ie Rebuild the IOS executable, distribute to the store --- and then auto update began working.)

Tom - I suggest rebuilding your app (ie - Export to IOS and build the apk and Export to Android - was always working anyway - and rebuild the executable for the phone).

Load to both IOS and Android devices.

Change your build number in your source code.

Press auto update.

Restart App on your device(s) - ie on IOS swipe it away - Android terminate from the app drawer.

After startup - wait a minute or more - App will FLASH and reload home screen.

Observe your app version number - should update.

Best,

Bruce

Return to “Issues”