xman

Mapping with JS freezes

The summary of my problem is:

• I have newly developed features in the new version (which don't exist in older version).

• Other features which were developed in previous version of Appery and were deployed fine, have been broken silently in the background by the Appery version update.

So basically the version update messed up my working features which probably doing code replacement in the middleware you folks have. I would like to continue working with newer version because I've already invested a lot of time resurrected features broken by the update. Every day, I am finding new ones which are broken, but there isn't an easy way backwards (our out of this).

Did you folks do a testing such as what happens to older developed camera feature (select picture from camera library) after one updates to newer version? Why would common services like these start breaking with appery version updates? This event has made me very apprehensive of Appery version updates.

eric okeson

Mapping with JS freezes

Unfortunately making a new version and restoring the backup did not help. I am able to isolate the problem to a specific instance. On the pages titled "scan_page" and "find_page" Mapping on success for the service "factual_loopup" or "look_up" or "look_text" freezes the browser. In firefox the debugger states that "http://dk3k8fyrlww1f.cloudfront.net/a..." has stopped working. In firefox if I stop the script I am able to interact with the editor but I can not make any changes to the mapping.

I created a new page to test the problem. It happens after I map to success after I close and reopen the editor.

Thanks for looking into this.

Maryna Brodina

Mapping with JS freezes

Hello xman,

Just to ensure we are on the same page...

The main problem you currently have in new builder is that editor stop functioning after you do some changes in mapping? I was able to reproduce this problem in your shared app, but it is not reproducible for me after creating project from backup. I mean maybe you are referring to restoring app from different versions? I mean creating backup of app you have in new editor and restoring it this way http://devcenter.appery.io/documentat...

Please let me know.

eric okeson

Mapping with JS freezes

Maryna
I've restored from a backup but the problem still persists. Is there a way to test on a different version of the editor? Is it possible that a mistake the JS in my mapping is conflicting with the editor?

Maryna Brodina

Mapping with JS freezes

Hello!

Do you still share the project? I can't find it...

eric okeson

Mapping with JS freezes

I think I lost the share when I restored it from a back up. I've shared it again with a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a The project is called "know04"

Maryna Brodina

Mapping with JS freezes

Dev team tested app and looks like the workaround is to delete all the services and add again. In your project backup we deleted and added back a few of services, created random mapping and it worked.

Please let us know if it worked for you.

Maryna Brodina

Mapping with JS freezes

Hello!

Did you get it working?

eric okeson

Mapping with JS freezes

Not to well. I've been able to replicated you solution but it does not last. I can deleted and recreate the mapping and it works for an hour or two, but when I close the page and reload it, the mapping freezes.

Is it possible that the JavaScript I am using is interfering with something in Appery.IO's backend?

xman

Mapping with JS freezes

There is an issue with whatever you are using to parse and act on the JS put in the JS field in the mapping. Many times it has happened with me (only in the new editor) that when I write some JS, save and exit the mapping. Then within a few minutes when I open the mapping again - the mapping (arrows and links) has disappeared and the page freezes/hangs.

I wait long before killing the browser and then reloading the editor. Then, I open the same mapping again - same results - hang again! ..and it keeps going in circles. On all those times, I had no option but to:

(1.) Either restore my code to previous version of the app. Then recode trying to avoid anything I suspect may be causing the hang. -OR-
(2.) Reload the same version and then completely delete and recreate the service which had that mapping.

At times when this hang happened, all I did was added some comments in the previously existing code. At another times, it hang because there was an error in the JS that I typed. This is causing a lot of pain across the board and appery should identify and solve this problem.

Return to “Issues”