xman

How to add custom "File Name" to an image/file being uploaded?

Hi folks, I have implemented the custom image file upload function suggested above and it worked fine. Lately, due to some new rule (?) or database load files greater than 3MB show severely degraded performance or don't even work fine.

Using the above mentioned image file upload method, how can I automatically reduce the filesize in the background before storing it to the DB?

I have checked some of the options posted here in other threads but they are confusing to me.

...much appreciated.

xman

Hi Yurii, I have implemented the custom image file upload function suggested above and it worked fine. Lately, due to some new rule (?) or database load files greater than 3MB show severely degraded performance or don't even work fine.

Using the above mentioned image file upload method, how can I automatically reduce the filesize in the background before storing it to the DB?

I have checked some of the options posted here in other threads but they are confusing to me.

...much appreciated.

Illya Stepanov

Explain your current implementation, since we don't know it we can't suggest you anything.

xman

Image resize has not been implemented yet, so not sure what I can explain. I have custom file upload solution implemented which is exactly the same as suggested by Yurri in this thread above. I wanted to embed file resize code into that code.

xman

Checked that suggestion before; that requires me to completely change the service routine that I have as suggested by Yurii above. That is the issue - and I wanted to find out how I can embedded the file size reduction into the solution suggested by Yurri for fileupload.

Yurii Orishchuk

Hi Xman,

Unfortunatly we don't have such solution at this time.

You need to implement it yourself.

Regards.

Return to “Issues”