An M

generated app_debug.apk and it doesn't seem to work in other country (Venezuela)

Hi, I generated an app_debug.apk. It works alright in my nexus5-Android6 in the US. But my associates are trying to use it outside US (in Venezuela) and it seems to fail.

Could it be possible that there is some restriction to some countries? How could I disable this restriction?

Thanks!

Evgene Karachevtsev

generated app_debug.apk and it doesn't seem to work in other country (Venezuela)

Hello An,

Could you please clarify do you use some rest api services in your app? Perhaps they might have some geo restrictions? Also please clarify are there some errors in a browser console if the app is tested in a browser from Venezuela?

An M

The app "starts" (opens), splash screen is seen. Initial screen is also seen but it fails to redirect to the next page.

We don't use API services that we know of.

We have enabled the the options of debug and autoupdates, which I don't know if have geo restrictions.

We haven't tested the app through a browser console. I could try using weinre, but its impossible. I might be able to connect the and use chrome, but I was waiting first for your answer if there were some obvious geo-restrictions.

Are there any obvious restrictions?

Evgene Karachevtsev

An,

There shouldn't be any geo restrictions if you don't use some specific rest api. You should test your app in a browser console in Venezuela to check for the errors. You may also remove GPS permission and test your app to be sure that the problem isn't the location.

Return to “Issues”