Mark6921260

Button works on android but not on iPhone

Hello,
I am now testing my app. It works fine in the appery.io when I test it.
I then downloaded the Appery.io tester app onto an android device and an iPhone 5s. The app works perfectly on the android device but my button that performs a search of my Appery.io database does not work on the iPhone. It does nothing when an iPhone user clicks on the button.
I then tried testing it on Appetize.io to see if maybe it would work there, but again the button does not work on IOS devices.
How do I fix this? What do I need to do?
My app is a jQuery app. Image

Mark6921260

I've made it available for support to view it. In case you need to.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Mark,

Could you please provide us with more details of your issue?
Do you get any errors in a browser console, when you test your app there?
Also have you tried to test your app without option Render all pages in one HTML file enabled?

Mark6921260

Hi Evgene,

Thank you. It was the "Render all pages in one HTML" that fixed it. Ironically with this being my third app that I built with Appery.io, I always activate the "Render all pages in one HTML file" because I was told to do so in the first app I built. Why does this affect the app? and when should it be activated?

Illya Stepanov

Hi Mark, this is relates to a jQuery Mobile app template settings, when you're enabling "Render all pages in one HTML" your web app has one html file, which is good for the overall app performance. But in the same time you should be aware that if your app logic has different pages interactions, like navigate to a specific page and do some action or you are storing variables based on page navigations events - such logic won't work in your app. As technically there is only one page - the main html file only, and there are no pages scopes for such JS events to work with.

Return to “Issues”