Reuben Chew

Need help in implementing Google Analytics in Appery ionic app for website

Hi there

I have built a website using appery based on ionic, and everything seems to be working well. Now, I have to an issue on how to implement tracking, specifically Google Analytics and/or Google Tag Manager.

i have contacted Appery support and even though they are usually fantastically helpful, this time they only pointed me to a old tutorial which seems rather involved and doesn't work for my application:
https://docs.appery.io/docs/cordova-j...

My application has several master-detail list so it is impossible to manually create hot buttons to fire a list of events.

I'm wondering if anyone has an updated solution to this problem. I can't be the only one having this issue since almost everyone uses GA on their websites. I understand that all single page applications have this issue but there have to be a solution. Admittedly this is my first year as an angular programmer, so I may have missed a lot of things.

Any help/documentation/direction in implementing Google Analytics and/or Google Tag Manager for an Appery ionic app is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Serhii Kulibaba

Hello Reuben,

Please see the answer in the ticket #34873

Tim Beachy

Hello Serhii,
I need this too, but I am at a loss as to where to locate the ticket number you reference. Could you please point me to it, or post the answer here?
Thank you.

Serhii Kulibaba

Hello Tim,

Here is that answer

We are very sorry, but this is something outside the scope of our standard support. It was just an option of the workaround. Please check their documentation.

You are right, you have to define it and run the track, which you need to see in the analytics: https://www.npmjs.com/package/cordova...

Note: it works only on the real mobile device, but doesn't work on the PC browser

Tim Beachy

Ok, thank you for following up Serhii.

Return to “Issues”